Global VP of Technology
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we've always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
PAD was born out of the coming together in 2012 of two iconic, eco-pioneering cleaning brands, Ecover® from Europe and method® from the USA. PAD is dedicated to inspiring generations of happy, healthy households through an outstanding portfolio of non-toxic products. We are 100% owned by a European based family committed to the long term success of the world's most innovative green cleaning company. As an organization, PAD is very fast paced, entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical and solutions focused…combining a huge sense of ambition with love and care for our consumers (or in PAD-speak, advocates), the environment and our people alike. Our company name is our mission—and it's bold and challenging. We are a values led business in every sense, caring as much about the "how" every bit as much as the "what". Our people are our secret sauce, the most significant element of delivering a sustainable competitive advantage.
On our constant quest to reach unchartered heights in our industry, People Against Dirty (PAD) requires excellent leadership at all levels. In this spirit, we're seeking a Global VP of Technology to lead the strategy and delivery of system solutions that enable our growth ambitions as 1 company with 2 brands (Method + Ecover) across 3 regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific). Reporting to the CFO, this person will collaborate closely with partners in category/regional leadership, sales, product development, brand experience, and supply chain. The successful candidate will bring experience integrating disparate systems and tools and build the technology roadmap that supports the company's multiyear plan as a fast-growth consumer-products manufacturer and marketer. This person must bring the rigor, experience, and leadership to drive growth, while embracing the values of PAD's entrepreneurial, creative, and collaborative culture.
- Lead a geographically dispersed 12-person team that oversees all aspects of technology operations across multiple sites:
- San Francisco: commercial center for North America region
- Chicago: site of "South Side Soapbox," our recently opened, LEED® Platinum manufacturing facility
- London: commercial center for Europe region
- Malle, Belgium: site of "Soap Central Station," one of the first eco-friendly manufacturing facilities in the world
- Hong Kong: commercial center for Asia Pacific region
- Satellite offices in Germany, Australia, and Japan
- Collaborate with fellow leaders on company growth strategy; in tandem, develop and implement a technology roadmap that enables this growth
- Ensure team priorities are properly resourced and aligned with business needs
- Ensure project implementations have adequate process mapping, change management, and training programs
- Set clear objectives and metrics for IT/ERP team to track progress, and inspire through leadership and development
- Oversee infrastructure and ensure it is optimized for both the current and future needs of the organization
- Stay abreast of current technologies and determine where to be disruptive and where to follow
- Ensure data security and disaster recovery measures are in place and up to date
- Develop and implement proper master-data management practices
- Roll out collaboration tools that allow effective communication by our employees across time zones
- Lead ERP strategy and determine next steps given current footprint (legacy system in North America, SAP in Europe)
- Oversee annual budget, key vendor partnerships, and multiyear investment strategy with adequate returns
- Work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Skills and Professional Experiences
- Minimum 15 years' experience leading technology strategy and solutions for high-growth, complex organizations. Consumer-products industry experience a plus
- Experience spans multiple IT disciplines and include roles leading remote, multicultural teams
- Track record of building and scaling an early-stage entrepreneurial team that has broken the mold of a large, competitive sector…and understands the management implications of scaling a business (e.g., budget and implementation)
- Reputation for successfully inspiring, managing, and developing team of IT professionals
- Deep technology skillset , natural curiosity, quick study, well versed in technology trends
- Experience with ERP strategy (SAP and Syspro a plus)
- Thorough understanding of communication and change management plans associated with systems implementation
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional and trade partners to deliver technology solutions that meet business needs
- Strong analytical and business management skills with proven ability to meet timelines and budgets
Leadership and Management Behavioral Competencies
- Drive for results and execution-minded; able to translate the mission of the organization into actionable plans
- Entrepreneurial mindset; motivated and empowered by being unencumbered by layers of decision-making and multiple processes
- Superior business acumen; demonstrates an appreciation for innovative business models and brand and how people and culture impact results
- A collaborative influencer; inspires the cross-functional team to act
- Ability to connect with and motivate peers, partners, and direct reports
- Mission-driven, values based leader; can connect with and reflect a passionate culture; can represent the values and essence of the brands to both internal and external partners
- High energy; enthusiastic; authentically passionate about PAD's brands and values
- Creative courage and vision; unafraid to challenge industry traditions and rules in the spirit of the PAD mission; a "rebel"
- A "player coach"; can "do" as much as "strategize"
- High empathy; emotionally and socially intelligent
- Trustworthy; superior integrity
- Fast-paced, bias to action, a "doer"
- Multitasking expert
- Strong initiative; leans into challenge; a problem-solver
- A team player; prefers collaborating to acting alone
- Comfortable with ambiguity and deadline pressures
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Enjoyable to sit next to on a 5-hour flight!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salary)
REPORTS TO: Global CFO
Please go to http://methodhome.snaphire.com to apply
Back to top