General Manager - Laundry
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we've always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the General Manager of the North American business, the GM of laundry plays a pivotal part in the organization, helping to set business strategy and working directly with every other department on a day-to-day basis – sales, brand experience, product experience, operations and finance to drive business results including base business health and new product development. This is a hands-on role where leadership, initiative and energy level will make a difference within the central business unit and the larger organization. The role has day-to-day exposure across not only the business units and the functional leads, but also the NA leadership team and our Global CEO.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Our GM of laundry will:
- Drive 3-year strategic road map for the business
- Develop business goals, strategies and tactics to create and deliver the annual business operating plan
- Lead the business "pod" team to identify and initiate key programs to deliver top line growth & margin improvement
- Identify and resolve real-time opportunities and issues in the marketplace
- Own, lead and launch all new product initiatives for the business unit
- Manage and develop Business Manager to deliver rock star performance
- Partner with other GMs to create cross-business priorities including pipeline, sales priorities and spending
- Be a change agent for the brand
- Work closely with consumer research and brand experience to collect, analyze and act on relevant consumer insights, trends and marketing promotional tactics
- Drive business strategy and execution for key customers at "Top to Top" meetings
- Serve as a cultural role model and advocate internally and externally
- Work reception once a month*
- we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
EXPERIENCE + REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing/general management at a consumer products company
- Strong initiative and demonstrated leadership across functions and levels
- A fast-paced multi-tasking expert with strong cross-functional project management capabilities
- Great track record of people management and development
- Strong analytical skills and solid creative instincts
- A high energy individual who is passionate about marketing and building our business
- A team player, comfortable with ambiguity and deadline pressures
- Outstanding communication skills – both oral and written
- Experience analyzing and interpreting syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen)
- Marketing/general management experience at a packaged goods company preferred
- Early stage business experience a plus
Bachelor Degree required, MBA preferred
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here's a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Long-term incentive program
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: GM, North America
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top