General Manager - Home Care
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
The GM of our largest business unit, Home Care, plays a pivotal part in the organization, helping to set business strategy and working directly with every other department on a day-to-day basis – sales, brand experience, new product development, operations and finance to drive results including base business health and new product development to deliver triple bottom line return. This is a hands-on role where leadership, initiative and decision-making will make a difference not only within the business, but across the organization. The role has day-to-day exposure across not only the business units and the functional leads, but also the leadership team and our Global CEO.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The GM of Home Care will:
- Drive P&L growth for the home care business unit
- Drive 3 year strategic road map for the business
- Develop goals, strategies and tactics to set and deliver an annual business operating plan
- Lead the business “pod” team to initiate key programs to deliver sales + margin growth
- Own, lead and launch all new product initiatives for the business unit
- Be a change agent in the organization to allow speed to market AND business rigor
- Collaborate with consumer research and brand experience teams to collect, analyze and act on relevant consumer insights, trends and marketing promotional tactics
- Lead small cross functional teams through a collaborative process to deliver key business programs – i.e. new product development, merchandising or on-pack messaging
- Partner with the Brand Experience team to build effective consumer communications programs
- Prepare and participate in customer sales calls and presentations
- Work reception once a month
we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- 10-15 years of experience in marketing/brand management at a consumer products company
- great track record of people management and development
- P&L management in a high growth company/brand
- experience analyzing and interpreting syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen)
- marketing/general management experience at a packaged goods company preferred
- early stage business experience a plus
- strong initiative and demonstrated leadership across functions and levels
- a fast-paced multi-tasking expert with strong cross-functional project management capabilities
- strong analytical skills mixed with a solid creative instinct
- a high energy individual who is passionate about building a business
- a team player, comfortable with ambiguity and deadline pressures
- outstanding communication skills – both oral and written
- ability to keep it weird!
Bachelor Degree required, MBA preferred
PAD PERKS:Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jollydays: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: GM, North America
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top