General Ledger (GL) Accountant
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we've always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
PAD was born out of the coming together in 2012 of two iconic, eco-pioneering cleaning brands, Ecover® from Europe and method® from the USA. PAD is dedicated to inspiring generations of happy, healthy households through an outstanding portfolio of non-toxic products. We are 100% owned by a European based family committed to the long term success of the world's most innovative green cleaning company. As an organization, PAD is very fast paced, entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical and solutions focused…combining a huge sense of ambition with love and care for our consumers (or in PAD-speak, advocates), the environment and our people alike. Our company name is our mission—and it's bold and challenging. We are a values led business in every sense, caring as much about the "how" every bit as much as the "what". Our people are our secret sauce, the most significant element of delivering a sustainable competitive advantage.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the Assistant Controller, the General Ledger Accountant (GL Accountant) will be responsible for accurate and timely entry, reconciliation, and analysis of financial data and reporting to management. This individual must possess great attention to detail, meticulous organization skills, strong financial acumen, high aptitude for technology and financial systems and a strong desire and ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the expectations of the role consistently growing and expanding.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Participate in the month-end close process by preparing monthly accrual JE's for SG&A to include IT, Legal/Tax/Audit and miscellaneous AP for both Syspro and SAP. Work closely with AP Analyst and GL accountant to ensure all invoices not posted are accrued for.
- Prepare prepaid schedules for all companies and book month-end amortization JE's
- Prepare and update fixed asset schedules and book month-end depreciation JE's
- Assist in posting cash journals and book to bank reconciliations
- Work with Customer Service to book monthly samples JE
- Responsible for corporate credit card maintenance - work with business owners in Chicago manufacturing plant and San Francisco HQ to ensure proper coding and booking
- Responsible for monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Prepare month end variance analysis. Assist with explanations during month end financial review meetings
- Assist with annual audit; prepare PBC's in a timely manner
- Assist with ad hoc requests
- Work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and results-oriented; someone who takes ownership of his/her responsibilities within the general ledger function. (S)he will have a driving desire to get the details right and an awareness of how the details impact the bigger picture. Last but not least, (s)he will have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- A minimum of 2 years experience in general ledger accounting (preferably, consumer products manufacturing or similar environment).
- Experience working in a fully-integrated MRP/ERP/GL system
- SAP experience a plus
- Strong Excel skills required
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business
- Professional and clear communication skills
- Willingness and flexibility to vary hours and efforts according to deadlines
- Very well-organized with a strong attention to detail
- Good sense of humor and positive outlook!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, hourly (non-exempt)
REPORTS TO: Assistant Controller
Please go to http://methodhome.snaphire.com to apply
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Arts & Craft Designer
Mia creates the engaging marketing campaigns, artistic product packaging, and colorful designs that define Method's brand, spreading the company's healthy cleaning message in a fun way.
Back to top