EHS + Training Director
We are People Against Dirty, a growing house of brands that includes method, ecover, babyganics, and coming soon...mrs. meyers clean day. We've always done things differently – we’re fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We started small, but we’ve got big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
The EHS and Training Director is responsible for the creation, development, and maintenance of an effective Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) program for our Southside Soapbox manufacturing facility. In support of our mission to do good for the planet, this role will also champion the site’s reduction of its environmental footprint with the ambition to be restorative. Additionally, the Director will oversee and manage the training program for all operator training and certifications across the various departments onsite. The Director will serve as a member of the site’s Leadership Team and will be responsible for leading and building a positive safety culture at the Soapbox.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The EHS and Training Director will:
- Oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of all EHS programs, policies and procedures necessary for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, including all reporting obligations, supporting documentation and auditing activity
- Foster a positive safety culture within the Soapbox, engaging cross-functional leaders and operators to drive ownership of safety at all levels of the organization
- Identify training needs and develop program requirements to ensure effective training for both the plant’s EHS programs and operator training and certification program, bringing new ideas and approaches to enhance the learning experience
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives by collaborating with cross-functional project teams focused on areas of improvement including equipment effectiveness, plant safety, product quality, sustainability initiatives + keeping it weird
- Drive the site’s greenskeeping initiatives pertaining to the reduction of waste, water and carbon
- Monitor and maintain up-to-date knowledge of EHS requirements applicable to the company’s operations, including assessment of the applicability and impact of new requirements, and communicate changes as required
- Build effective processes and systems to drive compliance, identify gaps and implement solutions for safety, greenskeeping and training programs
- Work reception once in a while
We are not joking. Everyone in the office takes a spin as receptionist. Costumes welcome.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing with in-depth knowledge of OSHA standards and other environmental regulations required
- Proven experience establishing and managing EHS systems with a thorough knowledge of concepts, tools and methodologies of safety management
- Demonstrated outstanding collaboration and communication skills and leadership of cross-functional teams
- Ability to directly and indirectly lead large, diverse teams with a focus on driving performance metrics
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work within regulatory guidelines, with both internal and external contacts of varying levels of expertise and authority
- Self-motivated with ability to think and work independently
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines
- Ability to stay cool and calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering; Environmental Safety; Industrial Hygiene or related technical field
PAD PERKS:Our values are at the heart of everything we do.
Here are a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jollydays: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Back to top