We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we've always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
PAD was born out of the coming together in 2012 of two iconic, eco-pioneering cleaning brands, Ecover® from Europe and method® from the USA. PAD is dedicated to inspiring generations of happy, healthy households through an outstanding portfolio of non-toxic products. We are 100% owned by a European based family committed to the long term success of the world's most innovative green cleaning company. As an organization, PAD is very fast paced, entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical and solutions focused…combining a huge sense of ambition with love and care for our consumers (or in PAD-speak, advocates), the environment and our people alike. Our company name is our mission—and it's bold and challenging. We are a values led business in every sense, caring as much about the "how" every bit as much as the "what". Our people are our secret sauce, the most significant element of delivering a sustainable competitive advantage.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the Sr. Director of Supply Chain this individual will be responsible for designing, developing, coordinating, testing, implementing, communicating, and supporting the organization's Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) requirements and systems. This position ensures that EDI-related production and procedures are maintained and properly executed, including development, change requests, and enterprise integration projects. The Analyst will also coordinate research, validate, and troubleshoot issues and queries from various internal and external customers.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Analyze changes and enhancements in EDI and determine the impact on existing production systems, system design, programming standards and operating procedures
- Address any incoming EDI issues, including rejected transactions and connectivity issues
- Address any outgoing EDI issues, which may include modifying and/or re-sending EDI transmissions to external trading partners
- Build business and technical expertise within the user community on the supported applications
- Partner with Sales, Operations and Finance (and others as needed) to optimize customer service. EDI will be one of several Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that drive customer service and profitability
- Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and/or reduce costs
- Provide seamless integration of activities and processes, recognizing system interdependencies
- Ensure timely and accurate communications and resolution of issues; monitor service delivery against contract commitments; prioritize work activities
- Identify opportunities for streamlining, improved controls or better leverage of the IT systems. Prioritize them based on need/impact, and create plans for implementing them
- Ensure that EDI is well integrated into the company's Disaster Recovery Protocol, to ensure uninterrupted communications even in case of disaster
- Ensure that critical processes are well documented and cross-trained
- Service systems and provide a level of systems/operational availability that meets or exceeds established standards/service levels, while minimizing operational risk
- Adhere to existing processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required
- Work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
The ideal candidate will be maniacally focused, organized and detail-oriented with applicable experience at a fast-paced consumer packaged goods company. We are looking for someone with the communication skills to commandeer a cross-functional group of system users and drive process improvements to better leverage our systems and enhance internal controls in order to meet the challenges of our growing company.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree completed
- 3+ years EDI experience
- Experience analyzing business requirements and translating them to technical requirements
- Experience in analyzing data, process flows and code to extract EDI requirements including EDI mapping
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in person and in writing, and work cooperatively with cross-functional teams, and effectively with the business and technical people
- Experience working in a mid-range to high-end ERP system: SAP a plus
- Experience leading a system change or implementation (e.g. from one system to another, or re-engineering business processes)
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Must exhibit a passion for data structure and system design
- Stamina, positive attitude, sense of humor and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team oriented company
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of PMO
Please go to http://methodhome.snaphire.com to apply
Back to top