Director of Recruiting
We are People Against Dirty, a growing house of brands that includes method, ecover, babyganics, and coming soon...mrs. meyers clean day. We've always done things differently – we’re fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We started small, but we’ve got big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the Sr. Director People + Environment, North America, the Director of Recruiting is responsible for bringing a unique perspective to our inclusive, impactful and evolving recruiting function. This is a highly strategic role where your innate ability to develop authentic human connections will lend itself to ensure we continue to provide outstanding experiences for both our candidates and internal partners and stakeholders, while elevating our employer brand, attracting world-class candidates and developing a diverse and robust network and pipeline.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead and evolve recruiting strategy: identify areas of opportunities in our established process and bring innovative thinking to create a lasting and impactful candidate experience; ensure efficient flow with our internal business partners, while focusing on equity + consistency
- Influence leadership: support + guide people leaders in assessing talent pipeline and needs in the organization
- Inspire team: manage and build upon a high touch and high performing talent team
- Own strategic sourcing platforms: ownership over philosophy, approach + budget regarding external partnerships and tools
- Craft a sourcing strategy that focuses on identifying and hiring a diverse, inclusive + empowered workforce
- Manage recruiting metrics: track + analyze current metrics, develop goals for future metrics + implement initiatives to reach aspirations
- Recruit: keep your skills sharp and hat in the game by taking on responsibility for full life-cycle recruiting for key roles
- Work reception once in a while
We are not joking. Everyone in the office takes a spin as receptionist. Costumes welcome.
- Hands-on recruiting experience and driving strategy for a corporate in-house recruiting function
- Experience managing a recruiting function and team
- Proven ability to collaborate with people across all levels and functional areas
- Experience in a scaling, mission-based, entrepreneurial environment a plus
- Must be extremely organized and able to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple key initiatives simultaneously
- Strong, positive and clear written and verbal communications
- You are adept at influencing and driving change within an organization
- Ability to anticipate needs and innovate in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Innovative capabilities on spreading employer brand voice via platforms such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor and career pages
- Ability to exercise extreme diplomacy, sensitivity, empathy and confidentiality
- A great sense of humor and grace under pressure, highly appreciated!
- Bachelor’s degree required
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do.
Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jollydays: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director People + Environment, North America
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha S.Green Chef
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top