Director of Project Mgmt- Commercialization
We are people against dirty (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the Head of NA Project Management Office (PMO), this role will provide cross functional leadership in our new product pipeline development, execution and commercialization of our product launches. This individual will be responsible for ensuring all product projects are executed on-time, on-budget, and on-strategy against the annual operating plan. Additionally, this role is responsible for leading + building the growth + capability of the product project management team within the overall PMO.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead new product + base business project portfolio, capital, and resource planning process, including the development and/or refinement of prioritization tools and communication vehicles
- Lead all elements of project management associated with current and future year product development and commercialization across all business units + brands (PODs)
- Ensure priorities of business units are being anticipated and satisfied by operational functions while tracking + managing resource + budget allocation across the portfolio.
- Centralize project leadership, identification and alignment to business strategy with the Leadership Teams, Business Units (Marketing, General Management, Brand/Product Experience), and Supply Chain/Operations functions
- Analyze feasibility and cost scenarios to initiative stakeholders, Leadership Team Members and business unit General Managers to go/no-go decisions on investments or milestones
Project Execution + Improvement
- Lead cross functional project teams in project structuring, execution, and risk management of new product launches across all brands + categories
- Be the lead + conduit between the PMO, functional tech PMs and functional leads for new product + base business execution
- Lead the development and execution of project timelines, success criteria, risk assessment and contingency planning to ensure all projects are delivered on time, on budget and on quality
- Facilitate decision-making, arbitrate impasses, remove barriers, and ultimately drive project progress through complexity + change
- Publish project status, measure performance and ensure risks are identified + managed, and communicate risks and implications to management as appropriate
- Ensure roles, process and tools are understood and applied by cross-functional teams in the execution of projects
- Drive improvements in the current stage gate process; integrate additional work streams (long term innovation, consumer insights) to deliver bigger and better new product launches
PM Team Leadership + Development
- Develop and manage a team of project managers
- Facilitate best practice sharing, coaching, + guidance between the regional npd + technical PM teams
- Act as “the voice of reason” at executive-level steering committee meetings for product launch, scope and resourcing decisions
- Work reception once a month
we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
The ideal candidate will be maniacally focused, organized and detail-oriented with applicable experience at a fast-paced consumer packaged goods company, or consulting firm. We’re looking for someone who’s flexible, nimble, doesn’t have an ego and is ok with getting down and dirty.
- 7+ years of business experience (consumer packaged goods or manufacturing environment in Product Development, Operations, or Supply Chain)
- Proven experience leading and managing project teams in a highly collaborative and dynamic business environment; consulting experience preferred
- Portfolio or project pipeline management including resource + budget planning
- PMP or other certification a plus
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team with successful collaboration: you should be strong enough to voice dissent but flexible enough to bring the team to consensus
- Excellent communication / presentation / collaboration / customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Stamina, character, sense of humor, proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growth company
- Outstanding technical skills: background and strong interest in process development, MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Web and other required computer applications; Lean Six Sigma experience a plus
4-year degree in business or related technical field required; MBA or MS in related field preferred
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here's a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Head of Project Management Office (PMO)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top