Customer Service Manager - Strategic Accounts
THE PEOPLE AGAINST DIRTY STORY
method sold its first product on February 28th, 2001 - we mark this as the day we became people against dirty®. But why did two twenty-something guys start a cleaning product company? Well, we're not exactly big fans of cleaning, but we are passionate about cleaning up a dirty business. We recognized that household cleaning, which includes laundry and hand wash, was a massive category in desperate need of a little disruption.
We also had questions. Why do we pollute when we clean? Why do we use poison to make our homes healthier? And why do cleaners have to be so ugly that you hide them away or smell so bad that you hold your breath? The answer: we can do better.
Leveraging two major cultural shifts in health + wellness and life styling of the home, we disrupted every aspect of the category and grew method into a green cleaning leader. Along the way, we hit #7 on the Inc. 500 list, were named the #16th most innovative company in the world by Fast Company in 2008 and became PETA persons of the year for developing the first vegan laundry products.
method products can be found in Target, Lowe's, Safeway, Whole Foods and most grocers nationwide, along with growing distribution in the UK, France, China, Japan and Australia. And the party is only getting started.
In 2012, method merged with Belgian green cleaning giant Ecover, and together became the world's largest green cleaning company. Our two brands are committed to inspiring generations of happy, healthy homes by making non-toxic products that work—for you and the planet. And we've built a LEED-Platinum certified manufacturing plant to prove it, the first of its kind in our industry. We even formalized the name of our joint enterprise: People Against Dirty (PAD) Manufacturing. Of course, this is more than a company name, it is one of our founding principles. By pioneering a cleaner clean, we believe we can make a difference.
That's why our work environment is creative, brand-savvy, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solutions-focused, irreverent but disciplined, team-oriented and fun. Piqued your curiosity? Keep reading.
This is a unique opportunity to utilize your stellar supply chain and logistics skills and passion for service as part of the operations group in our dynamic organization. This individual contributor role reports to the Customer Service Director in Supply Chain.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead supply chain improvement projects that will deliver best in class service to our customers and minimize compliance charges.
- Lead continuous process improvement projects within Customer Service that will deliver a reduction in costs, process efficiencies, and/or improved communication with our customers and sales teams, among others.
- Partner with the South Side Soap Box and regional DC network to identify opportunities to improve DC or transportation efficiencies and drive changes with our customer base (truckload/pallet rounding, order minimums, etc.)
- Analyze root cause of customer supply chain issues and deductions; Lead systemic resolution both internally and with external partners such as carriers and distribution facilities
- Manage all aspects of service and fulfillment for a portfolio of customers including top strategic accounts such as Target, Amazon and Clean Soul; collaborate with Sales and champion strategic customer requirements cross functionally within the organization
- Drive performance of strategic accounts including compliance with customer requirements and supply chain objectives, as well as objectives of organization
- Ensure delivery against customer scorecard metrics and compliance charges; providing reports monthly as part of sales and operational planning process
- Represent Customer Service on cross-functional project teams or initiatives
- Ensure all orders across the service team ship in full and on time, and ship confirmation is received for timely invoicing
- Lead collaboration with planning on supply status to ensure requirements met and proactive communication to customers and internal stakeholders
- Partner with planning, deployment and transportation to ensure demand awareness and inventory availability to fulfill requirements on time and in full
- Manage fulfillment of key objectives such as new product launches, promotions and new customer onboarding
- Support service requirements with EDI and IT teams to ensure integrity of data throughout the system
- Manage to customer service policies and procedures and provide suggestions for continuous improvement to processes
- Demonstrate Leadership and provide support to Director of Customer Service and other Supply Chain Leaders as needs arise
- Work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the Chicago office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
The ideal candidate will be service savvy and have extensive supply chain and logistics experience in a B2B environment. They will be adept at servicing large distributors and/or big retailers (Target, Amazon, Walgreens, etc.) and have expertise in exceeding customer expectations by driving performance, improvements, and customer initiatives throughout the organization and external partnerships. They will have strong influencing skills, be flexible and able to manage in a fast paced, changing environment, while juggling priorities and making sound decisions for both the customer and method. And above all… have a great sense of humor!
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in business or related area or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years customer service and order fulfillment experience (Consumer Products industry is a strong plus)
- Knowledge of EDI transactions, ERP systems and logistics systems
- End to end knowledge of overall supply chain processes from manufacturer to retailer/distribution, including strong knowledge of order fulfillment and logistics
- Experience working with a diverse group of supply partners such as distribution centers, carriers, 3PL'S and brokers
- International import/export experience a plus
- Understanding of retailer/distributor compliance requirements and scorecard metrics
- Familiarity with new product launch and product discontinuation processes
- Ability to quickly reprioritize workload to achieve changing business objectives
- Superior problem solving skills
- Experience servicing retail/distribution replenishment models and supply chains (such as Target)
- Ability to drive towards fulfillment objectives and metrics and deliver best in class service results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of system and process across functions, specifically Sales, Inventory Planning, Supply Chain
- Knowledge of decision effects on cost, including deduction process
- Experience in CPG industry is strongly desired
- Stellar prioritization and multi-tasking skills; must be able to drive fulfillment objectives in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- ERP systems experience required; SAP experience a plus
- Strong influence skills: ability to facilitate issue resolution, coordinate customer requests internally to meet expectations, manage projects in relation to customer and company initiatives
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Director
Please go to http://methodhome.snaphire.com to apply
Back to top