Creative Director - North America
- San Francisco, CA
We are People Against Dirty (PAD), a growing house of mission driven brands that includes method, Ecover, babyganics, and coming soon...Mrs. Meyers clean day. We've always done things differently – we’re fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We started small, but we’ve got big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
In your role as our VP Creative Director for North America, you will utilize your creativity and experience to embolden + inspire us, make consumers desire us, and lead us into bold new directions while, of course, keeping our integrity intact. We are fortunate, aware and humbled by our brands and product reputations, yet we remain creatively hungry. We believe in the power of creativity as a competitive advantage to build our business and our brands. That’s where you can help. This role reports to our Global CMO and will lead all creative vision, expression and execution for our brands in North America including method, Ecover, babyganics and Mrs. Meyers, with more to come.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead, develop and inspire a team of brand visual identity and digital designers, writers, project managers and production artists, in addition to collaborating with product design, marketing, and our e-commerce functions – providing leadership and rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- Partner with the CMO to lead and enhance our compelling brand vision, architecture and creative voice, focusing on method, Mrs. Meyers and babyganics, while also contributing to the development and direction of ecover. Offer creative clarity for the organization as a passionate steward, advocate, and gatekeeper of each brand.
- Lead the digital design team to both conceptualize and produce world class branded content as well as execute daily needs in a timely fashion.
- Drive, in partnership with our Creative Ops department, the right level of process and rock solid execution.
- Work collectively across all functions from marketing to engineers and the leadership team to convey the value of design and brand within a business context.
- Be devoted to and immersed in our company values and passions, instilling the integrity of the company and of each brand in the look, the feel and the execution of every product and each piece of brand identity.
- Work reception once in a while.
We are not joking. Everyone in the office takes a spin as receptionist. Costumes welcome.
- 15+ years of experience working on brand and design centered projects, ideally in the CPG industry. Beauty or personal care experience beneficial
- At least 5+ years’ experience as an In-House Senior Design Director or Creative Director
- You have led and built a creative team of brand visual identity and digital designers, copywriters, production artists and project managers.
- Track record of building and scaling early stage entrepreneurial, “challenger” brands that have broken the mold of a large, competitive sector.
- Passion for mission driven brands, and intuitively gets how to help build a values-driven brand and leverage it as a differentiator to support its position
- You are strategic: You bring your brain to the table as well as your awesome creative skills. You have deep experience executing brand and product strategies across a broad set of mediums and have the leadership skills to bring everyone along.
- You are creative: You have deep knowledge of the concept and execution of product + packaging + brand communications content and how to collaborate with a cross-functional team to get this done. You know how to bring people along in your thinking and are always in ‘idea’ mode. Ability to present and articulate a creative point of view to cross-functional teams and external partners both written and in person. You also have extensive knowledge of print production and process and are curious and abreast of innovative design trends and technologies.
- You are team player: you thrive collaborating with teams and building ideas. You listen to others to solve creative challenges and take direction when needed. You can act either as a leader or as an active participant in meetings, according to the business needs.
- You are resourceful: We are a small, busy team. Our creative output is disproportionate to our size. We do this by being nimble problem solvers and super resourceful along with working smart.
- BA/BS in Graphic Design, or equivalent
PAD PERKS:: Our values are at the heart of everything we do.
Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jollydays: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: Global CMO
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Back to top