Cost Accounting Manager
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we've always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
The Cost Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the Sr. Director of FP+A to ensure accurate accounting of Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold. The position is our resident expert on Inventory and standard costs, with responsibility for recording all inventory transactions and investigating any variances to budget within Inventory and COGS.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work with General Ledger Accounting team to post JE's related to inventory and COGS during month-end close to ensure timely financial monthly closing
- Reconcile inventory each month, investigating variances to identify root causes, and identify process improvements to reduce variances over time
- Support Cost Accountant in working with our plant and our copackers to record inventory transactions timely and accurately
- Work with cross-functional partners in Procurement, Supply Chain Operations, and Master Data to cost out new products, reviewing bills of material to ensure accurate product costing
- Set standard costs on an annual basis
- Analyze monthly COGS results versus forecast, breaking down variances into business drivers, and recommending actions to improve results. This includes researching and resolving issues with 3-way matching, reviewing/validating PPVs and disputing invalid charges with our accounts payable team.
- Plan and oversee the annual physical inventory counts, generating count sheets and posting adjustments.
- Deliver clear verbal and written explanations of analyses that translate into strategic recommendations
- Support our annual financial statement and bank audits
- Supervise and develop Cost Accountant, including annual review and consideration of opportunities for training and advancement
- Work reception 5 times a year*
- we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- a minimum of 5-7 years cost accounting experience in a consumer products manufacturing or similar environment
- experience working in a fully-integrated ERP/GL system
- Solid understanding of standard cost accounting and transaction-flow within manufacturing ERP system
- Ability to deep-dive into transaction details necessary to reconcile inventory (sourced inventory receipts, production posting, and in-transit activities)
- Self starter attitude; ability to work independently as well as work in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- Must be an excel whiz, avid and patient data miner with a strong drive for data integrity and continuously finding ways to work more efficiently
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director FP+A
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top