Controls + Maintenance Associate (2nd Shift)
- Chicago, IL
We are People Against Dirty, a growing house of brands that includes method, ecover, babyganics, and mrs. meyer’s clean day. We've always done things differently – we’re fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We started small, but we’ve got big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Based in Chicago, we have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Maintenance + Controls Associate to help create the next generation manufacturing experience at our very own manufacturing facility, what we call “The Southside Soapbox”. Reporting to the Maintenance + Engineering Manager, this role will help us optimize the operation of existing equipment and processes throughout the building, utilizing their electrical engineering and programming skills while also supporting the maintenance team with their day-to-day needs. The ideal candidate will be focused, organized, and detail-oriented with applicable experience at a fast-paced consumer packaged goods company. We’re looking for someone who’s flexible, nimble, comfortable with getting down and dirty, and takes ownership from day one.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Maintenance + Controls Associate will:
- Provide and coordinate production reliability improvement efforts and equipment troubleshooting support as needed with the production, maintenance, and engineering teams (become that first line of support for advanced troubleshooting activities)
- Coordinate facility, trade and OEM-service contractors, certifying that work requested is performed as expected while conforming to PAD safety standards. Become one of the in-house experts on both the facility and our production operations
- Serve as the gatekeeper of all control and electrical drawings and primary electrical/controls resource. Maintain all PLC/HMI programs for compounding, packaging and building systems, edit and write PLC programs, create/modify HMI screens, and perform basic electrical troubleshooting and functional modifications.
- Collaborate on team projects to problem-solve and improve processes and procedures that improve OEE, safety, quality and work environment
- Focus on equipment reliability and seek out opportunities to drive manufacturing capacity and capabilities within the factory
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with automation and controls, with at least 2 years of experience working in a consumer-packaged goods or related industry manufacturing + production environment
- Demonstrated, independent execution of electrical or automation projects
- Ability to create, modify and troubleshoot complex PLC programs and HMI programs and read electrical schematics
- Proven, working knowledge of Rockwell Automation PLC and HMI programming software
- Working knowledge of high-speed packaging equipment and have some experience with mechanical / pneumatical functions and operations
- Demonstrated competence handling and troubleshooting basic mechanical related issues at times
- Strong coaching, training and teamwork skills, organization and experience working with diverse teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Working knowledge of LEAN, TPM and predictive maintenance processes are a plus, but not required
- Capable of handling stressful situations and being able to adapt to urgent production focused needs if they arise
- Capable of working extended hours and weekends as needed
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
PAD PERKS:Our values are at the heart of everything we do.
Here are a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jollydays: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
HOURS: full time, non-exempt (hourly), 2nd shift
REPORTS TO: Maintenance + Engineering Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Back to top