compounder a.k.a mixologist
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Mixologists (our name for Compounders) are an important technical resource in the Southside Soapbox as they impact one extremely important aspect of products – the soap itself. Mixologists gather all ingredients, verify these ingredients against a formula, and then blend the ingredients together to make the world’s greatest soap. Additionally, Mixologists play an essential role in helping to maintain the highest plant cleanliness standards and they are responsible to ensure that all equipment is kept in a sanitary condition to avoid any contamination. As with all of our people against dirty, Mixologists will strive to maintain the highest safety standards and ensure amazing product quality. Those individuals that are chosen to be Mixologists at the Soapbox will be the gatekeepers to our fresh + awesome products.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Mixologist will:
- Promote + adhere to safety rules + guidelines for all work processes, refusing to settle for shortcuts to ensure safety is the highest priority within the factory
- Perform all operations required to complete batches for use in filling operations – these operations include: weighing items, adding ingredients, following instructions, logging data, interfacing with support systems, verifying quality, tracking inventory and mixing elements together
- Follow documented processes to sanitize all processing equipment used in the operations at predefined intervals, and perform testing to verify that the sanitization is successful.
- Test + monitor for quality, ensuring our products uphold our standards to deliver a world class quality experience for all PADvocates (our customers)
- Maintain a clean + welcoming workplace that complies with good manufacturing practices standards, 5S requirements + other established best practices
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our operations including support of TPM (total productive maintenance) and LEAN initiatives
- 5+ years of experience (consumer packaged goods preferred) as a compounder or blender
- Experience working in a chemical blending environment and knowledge of OSHA, Environmental and DOT requirements and regulations
- Understanding of software systems and interfaces
- Demonstrated track record of integrity + work ethic
- Candidates should have the ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours a day, performing manual duties
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and pour 50 pound containers of materials regularly
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime when needed
- Ability to communicate effectively both written + orally in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn + ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Sense of humor + a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
PAD PERKS:Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here's just a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jolly-days: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous 401(k) retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top