Business Manager- Laundry
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we've always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
At method we are on a constant quest to continue our leadership and influence by challenging the organization (people against dirty) to reach uncharted heights. This applies to everything we do, especially having incredible leaders at all levels of the organization. In this spirit, method seeks to recruit a Business Manager to support one of our business units.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the General Manager of the business, this role plays a pivotal part in the organization, helping to set business strategy and working directly with every other department on a day-to-day basis – sales, brand experience, new product development, operations and finance to drive business results including base business health and new product development. This is a hands-on role where leadership, initiative and energy level will make a difference within the central business unit and the larger method organization. The role has day-to-day exposure across not only the business unit and its functional leads, but also the leadership team.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Business Manager will:
- Support development of the annual business plan through in-depth analyses, identifying ways to resolve challenges and capitalize on growth opportunities
- Develop business goals, strategies and tactics to deliver the business operating plan
- Lead small cross functional teams through a collaborative process to deliver new products, claims, merchandising and on-pack messaging
- Identify key opportunities to drive trial - partner with the Brand Experience team to build effective consumer marketing programs
- Lead the analysis and integration of syndicated data (Nielsen), POS, market research and other internal data to monitor internal and external activity (sales, share, pricing, promotions) and make actionable business recommendations
- Work closely with Consumer Research to understand consumer insights and trends to shape new product positioning and launch plans
- Work reception once a month*
- we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing/brand management at a consumer products company
- Strong initiative and demonstrated leadership across functions and levels
- A fast-paced multi-tasking expert with strong cross-functional project management capabilities
- Someone with both strong analytical skills and a solid creative instinct
- A high energy individual who is passionate about marketing and building our business
- A team player, comfortable with ambiguity and deadline pressures
- Outstanding communication skills – both oral and written
- Experience analyzing and interpreting syndicated data
- Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, salaried (exempt)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top