Accounts Payable (A/P) Analyst
THE PEOPLE AGAINST DIRTY STORY
method sold its first product on February 28th, 2001 - we mark this as the day we became people against dirty®. But why did two twenty-something guys start a cleaning product company? Well, we're not exactly big fans of cleaning, but we are passionate about cleaning up a dirty business. We recognized that household cleaning, which includes laundry and hand wash, was a massive category in desperate need of a little disruption.
We also had questions. Why do we pollute when we clean? Why do we use poison to make our homes healthier? And why do cleaners have to be so ugly that you hide them away or smell so bad that you hold your breath? The answer: we can do better.
Leveraging two major cultural shifts in health + wellness and life styling of the home, we disrupted every aspect of the category and grew method into a green cleaning leader. Along the way, we hit #7 on the Inc. 500 list, were named the #16th most innovative company in the world by Fast Company in 2008 and became PETA persons of the year for developing the first vegan laundry products.
method products can be found in Target, Lowe's, Safeway, Whole Foods and most grocers nationwide, along with growing distribution in the UK, France, China, Japan and Australia. And the party is only getting started.
In 2012, method merged with Belgian green cleaning giant Ecover, and together became the world's largest green cleaning company. Our two brands are committed to inspiring generations of happy, healthy homes by making non-toxic products that work—for you and the planet. And we've built a LEED-Platinum certified manufacturing plant to prove it, the first of its kind in our industry. We even formalized the name of our joint enterprise: People Against Dirty (PAD) Manufacturing. Of course, this is more than a company name, it is one of our founding principles. By pioneering a cleaner clean, we believe we can make a difference.
That's why our work environment is creative, brand-savvy, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solutions-focused, irreverent but disciplined, team-oriented and fun. Piqued your curiosity? Keep reading.
Based in San Francisco, the A/P Analyst position is full-time and reports to the Assistant Controller. (S)he will ensure that invoices and employee expense reports are processed accurately and on-time, payments are made in a timely manner and excellent relationships are maintained with our vendors and fellow people against dirty. This individual must possess great attention to detail, meticulous organization skills and a strong desire and ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the expectations of the role consistently growing and expanding.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- record invoices , expense reports and credit memos in the A/P accounting module
- sorting, separating and date stamping A/P mail
- matching invoices to back-up documentation
- obtaining authorization to pay
- providing and/or reviewing account coding
- enter receipts from several non-systematically linked warehouses into our system
- reconcile inventory receipts to invoices received
- maintain A/P files including: unpaid invoices, paid invoices, permanent vendor files, purchase orders, receiving documents and W-9s
- manage weekly payment cycles, including matching payments to supporting invoices and mailing out checks weekly
- manage new vendor setups including W-9 forms from vendors, process credit applications as needed
- maintain excellent communication and relationships with vendors and employees
- obtain and reconcile monthly statements for key vendors
- prepare monthly reports for management in order to track/manage costs
- assist with month-end accruals
- work with cost accountant regarding inventory matters as necessary
- prepare and mail annual 1099s
- seek out and implement process improvements
- assist in annual and off-cycle audit preparations
- ad hoc reporting and assistance with projects, as requested
- work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and results-oriented; someone who takes ownership of his/her responsibilities within the A/P function. (S)he will have a driving desire to get the details right and an awareness of how the little things impact the bigger picture. Last but not least, (s)he will have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years accounts payable experience in a consumer products manufacturing or similar environment
- college degree, preferably in accounting, with a good understanding of accounts payable
- a demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business
- experience working in a fully-integrated MRP/ERP/GL system
- professional and clear communication skills (by phone and in person)
- strong organizational skills with amazing attention to detail
- strong Excel skills
- stamina, character, sense of humor, proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growth company
Back to top