Field Implementation Assistant
Metabiota Cameroon is recruiting for a Field Implementation Assistant with subject expertise in HIV and considerable experience in public health projects. The position will be based at the Metabiota Cameroon office in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
About Metabiota Cameroon
Metabiota Cameroon (MCL) is a subsidiary of Metabiota Inc. USA. Metabiota is the pioneer in comprehensive risk analytics that improve the world’s resilience to epidemics. Metabiota has conducted pandemic prevention research in Central Africa for 15 years. MCL principle objectives include: research into the interactions between ecology and human health; infectious disease surveillance; the promotion of public health; the reduction of epidemics and pandemics threat in Central Africa; and the provision of training in public health research and practice.
The Field Implementation assistant will provide assistance to the Field Implementation Specialist in the execution of the DHAPP scope of work in Africa.
Time Dedication: Part Time 50%
Period of Performance: October 1, 2017 – September 30, 2018
Place of Consultation: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Reporting Manager: Field Implementation Specialist
- Make travel arrangements (flight, hotel reservations, packing goods for travel)
- Coordinate communication with field teams
- Liaise with local suppliers for the purchase of reagents, supplies and materials
- Coordinate the production of educational materials and manuals
- Liaise with MCL and Metabiota HQ for organizational and administrative matters
- Assist with compiling and submitting rectification documents
- Compile training resources
- Prepare and submit training certificates
- Provide assistance during local training
- Coordinate EQA panel distribution and reporting
- Provides laboratory support in terms of troubleshooting, training and quality assurance
- Run professional errands as needed by the Field Implementation Specialist.
- Ensure that funds are accounted for in accordance with approved budget
- At least an MSc in a Health related field
- One (1) year prior experience assisting public health programs/projects
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information for decision making
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as a team player
Opening date: 31 July, 2017 Closing date: Aug 13, 2017
To apply, send cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Meet Some of Metabiota's Employees
Platform Infrastructure Team Leader
As a team leader, Tess is responsible for creating and maintaining a solid, scalable, and robust infrastructure that powers the entire company and makes it easy for other teams to build upon.
Back to top