We are the teams who create all of Meta's products used by billions of people around the world. Want to build new features and improve existing products like Messenger, Video, Groups, News Feed, Search and more? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems? Meta is seeking experienced full-stack Software Engineers to join our product teams. You can help build products that help us connect the next billion people, create new features that have billions of interactions per day and be a part of a team that's working to help people connect with each other around the globe. Join us!
Software Engineer, Infrastructure Responsibilities:
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily C/C++, Java, PHP and Hack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Set direction and goals for the team regarding project impact, product quality and engineering efficiency
- Lead major initiatives, projects, teams, roll-outs and phased-releases
- Helps onboard new team members, provides mentorship and enables successful ramp up on your team's code bases
- 7+ years of programming experience in either C, C++, Java, C# or other relevant coding languages
- 7+ years relevant experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience
- Experience building and shipping high quality work and achieving high reliability
- Experience improving stability through thoughtful code reviews, appropriate testing, proper rollout, monitoring, and proactive changes
- Experienced in utilizing data and analysis to explain technical problems and providing detailed feedback and solutions
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.