Reality Labs Research (RL-R) brings together a diverse and highly interdisciplinary team of researchers and engineers to create the future of augmented and virtual reality. Our team experiments with bold ideas to create the next generation of digital humans and avatars.We cultivate an honest and considerate environment where self-motivated individuals thrive. We encourage a strong sense of ownership and embrace the ambiguity that comes with working on the frontiers of research. As a Software Engineer in the Digital Humans team, you will foster our scientific explorations in areas like human shape, motion/appearance capture, biophysical models, simulation and rendering. You will generate viable paths to the consumer products that will connect people in a meaningful way for decades to come.Together, let's step into the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real, and change the world.
Software Engineer - Digital Humans Responsibilities:
- Work side by side with research scientists to foster scientific explorations to produce realistic and stylized avatars
- Build tools, platforms, infrastructure and documentation that enable more efficient and effective research
- Make the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, understand priorities and fulfill project needs efficiently
- Learn constantly, build with inclusion as a core value, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving
- 2+ years modern C++ experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience creating, extending, integrating and maintaining computer graphics systems such as: 3D engine, physics/simulation, rendering, animation, mocap, 3D reconstruction. In the domain of soft body applications (like digital humans, fluids, hair and clothes simulation etc.). At least a combination of these areas.
- 1+ years experience working within interdisciplinary teams
- 1+ years of Python experience
- 1+ years experience with 3D mathematics and applied linear algebra
- 1+ years experience with Machine Learning
- 1+ years experience working with GPGPU development such as CUDA
- 1+ years experience working with C++ concurrency concepts
- 1+ years experience working with Game engines
- 1+ years experience working with network programming
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.