Meta's Product Security team is responsible for finding, mitigating, and preventing security flaws across Meta's family of products, including Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus.We are seeking a passionate hacker who enjoys discovering security vulnerabilities in products and then building tools and frameworks with developers to eliminate entire classes of those vulnerabilities. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security of over a billion people. You will be relied upon to scale up vulnerability detection and prevention at Facebook scale, as well as provide platform and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident design decisions and write secure code. Come help us build reliable, secure and trustworthy products.
Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Influence and align the organization's vision and strategy, while engaging our teams to develop and deliver specific, multi-year roadmaps, programs, and projects. Ensure prioritization, resourcing, and timely delivery of this work within a changing business environment.
- Security Reviews: perform manual design and implementation reviews of products and services that make up the Meta ecosystem, like Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, Portal, and more.
- Automated Analysis and Secure Frameworks: build automation (static and dynamic analysis) and frameworks with software engineers that enable Meta to scale consistently across all of our products.
- Developer Guidance: provide guidance and education to developers that help prevent the authoring of vulnerabilities.
- Bug Bounty: help provide technical guidance to our world class bug bounty program and independent security researchers.
- Industry Impact: push the industry forward through conference talks and open source projects to contribute broadly to security for the world.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience dealing with security issues web programming languages, development practices, and common bug patterns.
- Experience developing and delivering information on program status for senior leadership.
- Experience leading and managing complex cross-functional programs.
- Experience with exploiting common security vulnerabilities.
- Experience contributing to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.).
- Experience writing software that enables security processes.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.