The Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) Research Team brings together a world-class team of researchers, developers, and engineers to create the future of AR and VR, which together will become as universal and essential as smartphones and personal computers are today. We are developing all the technologies needed to enable breakthrough AR glasses and VR headsets, including computer vision, graphics, body tracking, perception science, and true telepresence. The Virtual Humans team in Sausalito, CA works on cutting-edge research and development focusing on virtual people and presence. We envision a world where people connect across vast distances so our roles focus on capturing, evaluating and modeling the full human body shape and motion. We are currently seeking innovative interns with a passion for technology to develop the next generation of virtual humans.
Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
Motion Tracking Physical simulation for character animation Character animation synthesis Perceptual motion evaluation Evaluation of avatar systems Human motion prediction and analysis Reinforcement learning for Motion Imitation Applied machine learning
- Prototyping, building and analysis of experimental systems
- Design and execution of algorithms and/or conduct and analysis of experiments
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in Computer Graphics, Character Animation, Robotics, Machine Learning, Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Robot Interaction, or related fields
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience with technical character animation (joint hierarchies, motion models, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with C#, C++, and/or Python
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
- 2+ years experience with character animation, physical simulation, perceptual evaluation and/or avatar evaluation
- Experience with Reinforcement learning frameworks (e.g. rllib) and physics simulators (bullet, nvidia issac gym) desirable
- Experience with Unity development is desirable
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated in accepted papers at top animation, graphics, interaction and perception related journals and conferences such as SIGGRAPH, SCA, SAP, CHI, ICRA, IROS, Eurographics, MIG, IVA, ICMI, etc.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.