We are looking for Research Interns to join the Facebook AI Research Speech and Multi-Modal Video Understanding teams in Menlo Park, Seattle, and New York City. These teams at Facebook create spoken language technology to make it faster and easier for people to build community and connect with others around the world. We are part of the AI Research organization, whose mission is to conduct product-motivated research in ML/AI and design, develop and deploy state of the art algorithms to the rest of Facebook. We work in all aspects of AI for speech and audio processing, including speech recognition and synthesis, speaker identification, and acoustic event detection. Our work is largely focused on the areas of voice interfaces, including speech technology for Portal devices and Oculus VR headsets, and video understanding, including transcription, captioning, and content understanding. As a Research Intern, you will help us develop innovative models and algorithms and apply them to large-scale production speech tasks. The duration of this internship is 16 weeks with Summer, Fall, and Winter start dates. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early. To learn more about our research, visit https://ai.facebook.com/.
Research Intern, AI - Speech Recognition Responsibilities:
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Develop novel and accurate speech algorithms and systems, leveraging deep learning and machine learning on big data resources.
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed systems.
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping to production.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience in C/C++ and Python.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks.
- Research and/or work experience in machine learning, deep learning, and/or speech technology.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at workshops or conferences such as Interspeech, ICASSP or similar.
- A strong interest in theoretical and empirical research and for answering hard questions with research.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Ability to stay in touch with the literature of a particular domain and has the ability to reproduce results if needed.
- Experienced with training deep neural networks for key Speech tasks such as speech recognition, speech translation, classification, semantic segmentation, object detection, etc.