Part of in-house legal team in corporate headquarters for publicly traded national homebuilding company. Responsible for handling the legal aspects of land acquisition transactions, including negotiating and preparing land purchase contracts and related documents and conducting legal diligence. Also responsible for providing guidance and advice to business team members regarding a wide range of legal matters related to the acquisition, entitlement and development of real estate and the sale of homes to homebuyers.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiate, draft, review and evaluate land purchase agreements, development agreements, CCR's, homeowner's association documents, and various other legal contracts and documents.
- Consult on Land Acquisition and Entitlement matters.
- Respond to inquiries from division personnel regarding day-to-day operational matters and handle various special projects as needed.
- Support the implementation of business initiatives by ensuring legal compliance.
- Provide guidance with the company's risk assessment process.
- Ability to work as a member of legal team and as part of business units.
Education: Bachelor's Degree and Law Degree
- Three to ten years as an attorney with a law firm or as in-house lawyer for a homebuilder or developer or with a large public company
- Extensive real estate transactional experience with the ability to negotiate and draft transaction documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Superior Written/ Oral communication skills; ability to write and communicate complex information in an easily comprehensible manner
- Exceptional Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve issues in a positive/effective manner
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills
- Sound judgment with a high level of integrity to execute decisions with significant corporate/financial impact
- The ability and experience to balance the company's business needs with its risk exposure
- Accurate; with keen attention to detail while staying clearly focused on the big picture
- Self directed; takes initiative, proactively addresses problems
- Analytical, with the ability to receive and interpret information and analyze multiple variables to make effective decisions under pressure in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Highly organized and flexible, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity? Well, look no further! At Meritage Homes, we offer a variety of different careers and are dedicated to building beautiful, environmentally friendly homes, that give our customers the most memorable moments with their loved ones. Meritage Homes is a national top 10 homebuilder and a 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. If you have a self-starter mindset and want to be a part of something great, come join a company that helps people live happier, healthier lives.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Maintaining a consistent competitive drive to be the best
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Having pride in delivering a quality product that benefits people and the environment
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital part of the team
Back to top