Service Desk Engineer
- Scottsdale, AZ
Meritage Homes is looking for a Service Desk Engineer to provide technical support to internal customers, across numerous geographical locations, on supported platforms and applications. This person will be responsible for responding to requests for technical assistance via phone, electronically, (ticketing system or email), or in person.
Our ideal candidate will have an exceptional sense of customer service to provide an example for the department and engage with the organization. They will also have excellent communication skills and be able to quickly articulate progress to users from line level to Senior Management.
- Work directly with customers to resolve technical issues while tracking detailed information about each customer's service need in an IT Service Management System.
- Handle Tier 1 help desk incidents through tickets and/or phone.
- Working life-cycle of a help desk incidents and service requests in a timely manner with thoroughness, attention to detail and a high level of customer services/satisfaction while providing customers updates throughout the process.
- Clearly documents problem descriptions and step-by-step solutions in a Knowledge Base Library.
- Works with other network personnel in a team-oriented manner, constantly learning from one another's talents and skills.
- Exceptional time management with the ability to cope with pressure, prioritize tickets in an ITSM system and other responsibilities and meet agreed service-level agreements individually and as a team member
- Attention to detail with firm problem solving, analytical and research skills
- Self-motivated and driven towards continuous improvement in knowledge and skill development
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Facilitates the setup of user accounts and permissions in a variety of platforms (Active Directory, Office 365, and NTFS).Communicate with management on PC and network issues/service request by escalating clearly identified issues and steps taken to resolve when applicable. Able to conduct research in a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware and software.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional. publications; establishing personal networks.
See what our CFO has to say about Meritage Homes!
- Associate's degree require; 3-4 years' progressive work experience in an IT Infrastructure role will be considered in lieu of formal education
- 1-2 years' work experience in information technology support role
- 1-2 years' work experience working in a Windows environment
- Excellent phone etiquette, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Intermediate experience with MS Windows 10, Office 365, MS Office Suite 2013+, ITIL based service desk systems
- Foundational experience with Anti-Virus platforms, Imaging Deployment Technology (e.g., MDT, WDS), Remote Phone Support, Mobile Technology (e.g., iOS, Android)
- Experience of Home Building Industry (or a closely aligned industry) is preferred
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best
Back to top