Land Development Manager
- Charlotte, NC
The Charlotte Division is seeking an experienced Land Development Manager to join the team! In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing development projects from pre-acquisition through closeout to ensure communities are delivered on budget and schedule.
• Assist in development-related due diligence items for potential acquisitions, including preparation of budgets, schedules, and reviewing construction drawings
• Value engineer plans during due diligence phase and as project develops
• Provide detailed cost analysis and schedules for projects
• Create bid packages for consultants and trade partners
• Negotiate projects with consultants and trade partners to achieve most economical and efficient outcome
• Provide detailed bid analysis, in order to award contract
• Work with local, state, and federal jurisdictions to receive necessary permits for development
• Present community information to internal and external groups
• Manage consultants, trade partners, governmental agencies, utility providers and others to keep projects on time and budget
• Oversee development budgets and cash flows from project conception to closing for accountability and accuracy
• Collaborate with the Land Acquisition team during feasibility analysis and due diligence phase.
• Develop and implement systems/processes that will improve operational quality and efficiency
• Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar field. High School Diploma/GED required.
• 3+ years land development experience
• Experience with production homebuilder or master developer (preferred)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Excel
• Familiarity with AutoCAD
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best
Back to top