Do you want to be a part of something extraordinary? Do you love to win as a team, work hard, innovate and excel.....then let's chat?!?! Meritage Homes is a top 5 home builder dedicated to building energy-efficient homes and communities. We are looking for future leaders that can help Meritage continue to grow, set our future strategy, and solve our business challenges. Our internship program is designed to help you not only understand what we do but how and why we do it. If you are looking for an experience where you can immerse yourself in a business, establish a network, learn, develop your skills, and have some fun, than this is the place for you. This internship opportunity will be full time during the summer 2024 season.
The Land Development internship is targeted to teach you about all aspects of new community development from pre-acquisition to turnover of finished lots for homebuilding operations to project close-out. This includes ensuring that new communities are opened on time and on budget. Gain exposure to all plan procurement, site construction activities, contract negotiations, schedule adherence, etc. Interact daily with various departments of the company, subcontractors, customers, and municipalities.
The stuff you will do:
- Work closely with internal business leaders to learn the homebuilding industry, the Meritage business model and an assigned functional area such as construction, land, marketing, operations, purchasing, finance, human resources, etc.
- Learn our core values and why they drive everything we do
- Translate classroom experience into practical application during the internship
- Participate in cross-functional projects involving other interns and business leaders centered around current business challenges
- Present real world business recommendations to senior leadership that can help drive our strategy
- Write a paper focusing on the experience or another assigned topic
Meritage Homes does not provide Visa sponsorship.
Need to be awesome at:
- Operating with integrity
- Always assuming positive intent and bringing passion to work
- Having a desire to "win" and get stuff done
- Fostering an inclusive environment
- Asking questions, seeking to understand and making recommendations to improve
- Wanting to always innovate, think of new ideas and solve for bigger problems
- Being relentless in the pursuit of excellence; will never "settle"
- Actively enrolled in a degree program from a regionally accredited university or college
- Experience working in a team environment on cross team or functional projects
- Experience dealing with ambiguity
- Experience in a leadership capacity or role and influencing peers
Examples of Relevant College Coursework/Majors:
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Real Estate
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources
- Project Management
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best