- Charlotte, NC
Meritage Homes is seeking a Finance Analyst that will support growth in the Charleston and Myrtle Beach markets. This role will report through our Charlotte Division and hold the following responsibilities:
- Support the Coastal Carolina team with financial analysis and reporting.
- Review monthly financial statements, margin pro formas, backlog reports, and other key indicator reports.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Quarterly Forecasts and Annual Business Plan.
- Assist in the preparation of feasibility modeling for land acquisition transactions.
- Prepare supplementary reports and analyses for management.
- Update divisional key indicator reports.
- Assist with pricing updates, lot releases, and MLS updates.
- Prepare monthly lot takedown reports.
- Prepare monthly Pro forma updates and provide written variance explanations.
- Coordinate monthly budget meetings with other departments.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA or Master's degree a plus.
- 3+ years of finance or accounting experience, strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Homebuilding industry experience a plus but not required.
- Advanced computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Windows Office applications.
- High-level Excel user with the ability to generate scenarios analysis and spreadsheet models efficiently.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting/forecasting software. JD Edwards/PeopleSoft and SAP/Business Objects experience preferred.
- Strong written/oral and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate in a professional manner with all levels in the organization, with a customer service focus.
- Ability to write and communicate complex information and procedures in an easily comprehensible manner.
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best
Back to top