Escrow Officer - Orlando or Tampa, FL
- Orlando, FL
Meritage Homes in conjunction with Carefree Title Agency, Inc. is hiring a full-time Escrow Officer in Tampa or Orlando, FL!
The Escrow Officer is responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Complete real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements, assembling, preparing, reviewing, processing, and distributing closing documents, and disbursing funds.
- Determine escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Obtain clear title by ordering title reports, resolving title defects, and coordinating satisfaction/release of existing liens and encumbrances against property or sellers.
- Establish escrow accounts, handle escrow funds, and maintain records.
- Prepare transaction documents by completing forms and statements and collecting and reviewing documents.
- Complete calculations for prorating taxes and interest.
- Complete closing transaction documents by assembling documents, reviewing documents with parties, explaining provisions and procedures, answering questions, checking documents for completeness and accuracy, and obtaining signatures.
- Complete closing by recording and filing documents and preparing and distributing final closing statements and title policies.
- Prepare HUD/CD statements in accordance with lender instructions and applicable law.
- Close escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Comply with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to applicable regulatory requirements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization's efficiency, reputation, and environment by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to company's production, profitability, image, and environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years related experience with 3+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow officer and/or assistant
- Escrow Officer Certification from the Escrow Association or completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or bank required
- Intermediate to expert level of Microsoft Office suite
- Read and interpret documents, such as operating and maintenance instructions and policy and procedure manuals
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Communicate effectively with customers and other employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations, and percentages
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best
Back to top