Division Sales Manager
Division Sales Manager - Atlanta
Our growing Atlanta Division is looking for a Division Sales Manager to help grow our Atlanta Market. Working with Senior Leadership, the Sales Manager is responsible for coaching, training and evaluating the sales staff through daily interaction in the field. In addition, they will support the ongoing review and analysis of sales programs and incentives, and work to streamline processes to support the simplification of field sales efforts. The Sales Manager will also work closely as a liaison with Marketing, Operations, Design Center, Land and other operating units throughout the division to insure accurate communication between departments.
This position requires:
- Travel between communities spending the majority of each day in the field working with the Sales Associates providing intensive and on-going coaching, training, and feedback.
- Regularly visiting and inspecting sales offices and communities for improvement opportunities.
- Regularly reviewing sales goals and evaluating performance against these goals at a community and individual performer level.
- Regularly reviewing sales numbers (price, inventory, backlog, etc.) and use them to evaluate the effectiveness of your sales and incentive programs.
- Regularly reviewing competitors and market research and serving as an internal expert on both new and used home product in assigned markets.
- Regularly sourcing and identifying talent in the market and building a pipeline for future growth.
- Regularly reporting and communicating to other departments and functions, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in the homebuilding industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Lead Sales or Sales Management role required with a heavy emphasis on coaching and training.
- Experience in coaching, managing, and mentoring a sales staff in a public homebuilding environment is highly preferred.
- Must have a Florida RE License.
- Complete understanding of the sales process and the selling cycle as it relates to the new home sales environment.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills - must be effective at providing detailed and specific feedback to staff to equip them to meet identified business goals.
- Self-directed; takes initiative, pro-actively addresses problems and can work with minimal oversight. Must be effective at giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong software skills; must be fluent in all Microsoft Office. Experience in CRM's; Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to evaluate data (Enterprise One Reports, Market Research Data, etc.) accuratly, with attention to detail, while staying clearly focused on the big picture to make business decisions.
- Ability to influence others, negotiate outcomes, and articulate action plans to sales staff, as well as, internal and external customer groups.
Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity? Well, look no further! At Meritage Homes, we offer a variety of different careers and are dedicated to building beautiful, environmentally friendly homes, that give our customers the most memorable moments with their loved ones. Meritage Homes is a national top 10 homebuilder and a 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. If you have a self-starter mindset and want to be a part of something great, come join a company that helps people live happier, healthier lives.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Maintaining a consistent competitive drive to be the best
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Having pride in delivering a quality product that benefits people and the environment
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital part of the team
Meet Some of Meritage Homes's Employees
HillaChief Financial Officer
Hilla oversees everything finance-related at Meritage Homes including Accounting, Tax, Audit, Payroll and Investor Relations. Additionally, the Technology organization reports through her as well.
Back to top