We are seeking a VP of Finance for our Tampa division. In this critical leadership role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Operational Forecasting- Responsible for the review and analysis of forecasts; establish divisional profit forecasts and communicating issues to upper management.
- Internal Reporting- Key role in the accumulation of data and the formation of divisional financial forecasts including quarterly, annual and detailed five-year forecasts.
- Strategic Analysis- Financial/strategic analyses on issues affecting the business environment including feasibility of joint ventures, market analysis of new applications and working with suppliers on various business issues.
- Business Strategy- Short and long-term strategic plans, teaming with representatives from each functional area (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, etc.) to develop/present cohesive strategies.
- Valuations/Analysis- Provide comprehensive analyses and summaries on business decisions, including product line moves, component sourcing and facilities rationalization.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; Master's degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a Finance Leadership role; preferably in residential homebuilding
- Advanced Excel, Microsoft Office products, JD Edwards/PeopleSoft and Cognos/forecasting software preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- Daily interaction with Division President, Division Leadership Team, external lawyers, land bankers and banks.
- Position requires strong negotiating skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong leadership skills; ability to set objectives, delegate tasks, and evaluate performance
- Sound judgment with a high level of integrity to execute decisions with significant corporate/financial impact
- Accurate; with attention to detail while staying clearly focused on the big picture
- Analytical; with the ability to receive and interpret information, analyze multiple variables and make effective decisions under pressure, in a high-volume fast paced environment
- Organized; with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Self-directed; takes initiative, pro-actively addresses problems
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best