Director I - Division Land Development
- Scottsdale, AZ
Our Phoenix division is seeking a Land Leader to manage all Land Development activities. Specifically:
- Coordinate all Land Development activities with Division Operations team and ensure compliance with Division Business Plan.
- Ensure that land development policies, internal control procedures and practices are well understood and complied with by all direct and indirect reports.
- Manage the technical due diligence process and coordinate with Division Land Acquisition team during feasibility period.
- Approve preliminary entitlement and land development budgets and schedules for all Division land acquisitions.
- Approve final quantity take-offs and final project LD budgets.
- Provide leadership/manage the entitlement process for all Division land acquisitions.
- Provide leadership throughout the bidding and contracting of all Division land development projects. Approve and execute all land development vendor agreements.
- Provide leadership/manage the resolution of entitlement issues and conditions prior to and during development.
- Coordinate technical due diligence with Land Acquisition team during feasibility analysis and due diligence phase.
- Review and approve all periodic financial reports on each phase of development, and continually review all accounting relative to land efforts.
- Understand design related components necessary to satisfy governmental entitlement requirements. Remain constantly aware of ever changing market conditions and trends in the industry.
- Perform quarterly and annual performance reviews/updates with all direct reports. Attend/provide input for all quarterly and annual performance reviews with indirect reports.
- Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering, and /or Construction Management strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with reading and understanding civil engineering plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Project and Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret improvement plans, plats and lot plans.
- Strong project management and budgeting skills.
- Ability to oversee numerous professional consultants efficiently and effectively.
- PURPOSE AND SUMMARY:
- The Director of Land Development is responsible for the execution of all aspects of new community development from preliminary plat through bond release and turnover of finished lots for homebuilding operations in strict accordance with the Division's Business Plan. The Director of Land Development is a member of the Division Operations team and reports directly to the Division Vice President of Land. The primary responsibility of the Director of Land Development is to anticipate all community opening challenges and needs and ensure that new communities are opened on-time, on-budget, in accordance with the Division Business Plan. The Director of Land Development is responsible for the personal and professional growth of all direct and indirect reports on the Division Land Development team including Land Development Manager, Director of Forward Planning, Land Construction Manager, and Land Development Coordinator.
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best
Back to top