Sr. Specialist, Labor Relations Investigation
- Spring House, PA
We partner with the business to ensure we maintain our company's values and high ethical standards, comply with the law, protect our people and enhance our reputation. We strive to foster an environment that is inspiring, supportive and diverse.
The Labor Relations Investigation Senior Specialist will be responsible for investigating potential policy violations, alleged misconduct and employee work-related concerns to resolution. High level responsibilities will include intake, case planning, interviews, data review, documentation and making recommendations regarding corrective action. The successful candidate must be able to objectively analyze data and draw reasonable conclusions and work effectively with others at various levels of the organization and across multiple functions (e.g. HR, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Security, etc.).
- Coach, counsel and guide managers on issue/conflict resolution involving union employees
- Educate managers on investigation process and related issues
- Maintain constructive working relationships with relevant personnel, including union representatives
- Track and analyze investigation data, identify trends, report to site human resources/line leaders and make recommendations for organizational improvements, as appropriate
- Conduct and document workplace investigations in union environment from intake through conclusion ensuring that employee issues are addressed fairly and consistent with the contract, our Company's policy and the law
- Provide consultative support and guidance to Human Resources Business Partners and managers on resolution and remediation of employee issues and complaints
- Consult and partner with internal/external legal counsel and other stakeholders (e.g. Global Security, Health Services, etc.), as appropriate, regarding employee issues and complaints
- Maintain investigation files and prepare written summaries of findings
- Serve as fact witness at arbitrations and other hearings regarding investigations as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or related discipline and 6 years Human Resources/Labor Relations or related experience or Master's degree and 4 years HR/LR or related experience
- 2 years experience in a union environment with exposure to contract administration, grievance process resolution and interfacing with union employees/officials
- 2 years experience conducting workplace investigations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Demonstrated consulting and influencing skills, the ability to work/collaborate with colleagues/internal clients/manager and maintain constructive working relationships in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to document findings in clear manner
- Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive and potentially emotionally charged situations
- Self-directed and able to successfully manage significant caseload with minimal supervision and sense of urgency
- Prior experience supporting manufacturing/GMP environment
- Experience developing and conducting manager training
- Metrics and data analytics capability
- Knowledge of employment legal practice/policies
- HR tools and systems capability
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top