Sr. Scientist, Biotherapeutics and ADC Technology
- South San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate protein chemist to join the Protein Engineering and Modalities group at our company in South San Francisco. Exploring strategies to improve biotherapeutics including Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADCs), and to utilize them in non-traditional settings, you will quickly and efficiently produce proteins and protein conjugates to test novel therapeutic concepts with increased therapeutic index. Through an integrated approach, you will explore novel and unconventional formats. You will be part of a fast-paced and diverse team developing innovative protein therapeutics that will have a direct impact on patient lives.
- Cloning, expression, and purification of proteins including antigens, Immunglobulin G (IgG), IgA, IgM, antibody fragments and other modalities
- Design of expression vectors and cloning constructs
- Protein expression in Chinese Hamster Ovaries ( CHO), E. coli and with IVTT
- Multi-step protein purification including tag-less purification
- Functional and biophysical characterization of proteins and conjugates
- Conjugation of small molecules and/or peptides to proteins
Minimum Education Requirement
Bachelor's degree with 7 or more years or Master's degree with 4 or more years or Ph.D. with 0 years of professional experience.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Strong background and hands-on experience in protein expression, protein purification, protein chemistry and conjugation with small molecules and/or peptides
- Mastery in standard molecular biology and other laboratory techniques related to protein production, characterization, and evaluation
- Experience with antibody fragments, IgA, IgM and bioconjugates and characterization of proteins and conjugates
- Experience with oral and subcutaneous delivery, in vitro translation/transcription and unnatural amino acid incorporation, is a plus
- A Self-motivated and forward-thinking innovator with an interest in being involved in multiple stages of project progression
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we "follow the science" that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top