Senior Process Engineer, Technical Operations
- Charlottesville, VA
Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply his or her enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation and improvement of a manufacturing facility. This role requires the ability to manage multiple projects and activities. Strong communication and collaboration skills are essential, and will require robust problem solving skills and an applied approach to troubleshooting and investigation.
This role will work under the guidance of the Technical Lead for Antibiotic and Sterile Technical Operations to provide support and direction to the area. The successful candidate must exhibit strong leadership, interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills for both decision making and guiding team members, and will have the opportunity to manage a sub-group of the Technical Operations team.
- Achieving safety, quality, and environmental compliance excellence in all assignments
- Providing technical leadership and support for a sterile manufacturing facility, including data analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving, coaching/teaching, and report writing
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams across levels, including leading teams or groups
- Initiating, supporting, or leading change control implementation
- Learning new processes and procedures
- Leading and conducting technical investigations and analyses to determine the root cause of problems
- Recommending and implementing corrective and preventative actions
- Executing continuous improvement projects
- Recommending, creating, writing, reviewing, and approving procedures, instructions, protocols, and other Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) documentation
- Coaching and teaching others
- Contributing to or leading safety reviews and improvements
- Performing shift work as needed (expected to be minimal)
- Provide support, including leadership support, during inspections
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possesses the technical, leadership, and communication skills that are of value to our business, we invite you to apply. Consistently cited as a great place to work, we discover, develop, manufacture, and market a wide range of vaccines and medicines to address unmet medical needs. Each of our employees is joined by an extraordinary sense of purpose - bringing our Company finest achievements to people around the world.
Education Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Engineering or Science field such as chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, integrated science, biology, biological system engineering, mechanical engineering, or related life science or engineering discipline.
Required Experience and Skills
- This should be combined with a minimum of 6 years of relevant industrial experience, which includes experience in any Pharmaceutical, Food, or Chemical manufacturing industry.
- Technical writing and presentation experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong personal character, ethics, and integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and team skills; and collaborative skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Robust problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to troubleshooting and investigation, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
- The ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (e.g. safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it.
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and application of knowledge.
- Ability to manage projects and assignments, working towards deadlines within a schedule.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or cGMP environment
- Sterile, aseptic, or microbiological experience in a classroom or industrial setting
- Experience managing and executing projects or change controls
- Experience coaching and developing others
- Experience with SAP and DeltaV
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are ...
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top