- Branchburg, NJ
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
We are seeking a talented and energetic Network Administrator to support our large global network for our Global Information Technology Division.
- You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology.
- The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work on complex problems locally, regionally, and globally and work with team members and customers across the globe.
- He/She will work closely with network engineering and various IT team members across multiple disciplines.
- The Network Administrator is required to install, maintain, replace, repair, and support a variety of device types and models as part of a fast paced team.
- The candidate will work on projects both large and small and have accountability for their success.
- The candidate will at times be a technical lead for projects and oversee the work of team members working offshore as part of a managed service.
- Travel will be required between sites within Eastern Pennsylvania and central New Jersey as needed.
- There may be a need to occasionally travel to other sites and IT hubs internationally.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, completion of advanced technical IT training program, or equivalent experience
Required Experience and Skill:
- CCNP or CCIE certification or 10 years' experience managing Cisco switches, routers, and wireless controllers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. - Ability to work in high pressure dynamic environment and independently prioritize work.
- Ability to build technical project plans and execute them successfully and on time.
- Good exposure but not limited to Cisco, F5, Juniper and Palo Alto
- Strong working knowledge in the following areas;
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Cisco QOS & WAAS - SDN (Cisco ACI), DMVPN
- Data Center technologies (OTV, Fabric Path, VDC, VPC, ACI, Load Balancing) Cloud
- (AWS & Azure) - Monitoring and reporting tool such as or similar to (example ServONE, Glueware, NetBrain)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- At least 6 years experience supporting networks for a large company with 10,000 employees or more.
- Experience in network scripting (Bash, Python) or similar
- Experience managing DNS/DHCP via IPAM tool like QIP is desirable.
- Experience supporting firewalls, reverse proxies, VPN solutions and web gateways.
- Experience with Federation, certificate authentication, and Radius
- Experience with Network Access Control (Eg. Cisco NAC)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP.
- Operational support of wireless and mobile devices
- Knowledge with hyper-converge technology (Example Nutanix/Vmware)
- The selected candidate will have excellent time management skills, be a self-starter, and able to set priorities according to business needs with minimal oversight.
- A strong desire to locate and resolve the root cause of complex problems.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top