Manufacturing Operations Specialist
- Charlottesville, VA
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing pharmaceutical manufacturer? If so, then this is the opportunity for you!
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a "Safety First, Quality Always" mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
A part of our Company's Manufacturing Division, Elkton's Operations team is seeking a highly motivated individual at an Operations Specialist level to provide support to Operations at the site. The successful candidate will support Operations in either Vaccine or Antibiotic production.
The Manufacturing Operations Specialist is assigned to a product manufacturing team and partners with the Operations Managers in coordinating maintenance activities and ensure the manufacturing area is operating at peak efficiency.
Shifts could include working Day, Night, Weekends and Rotating shifts.
- Deputy shift manager
- Deliver operational improvement projects
- Deviation prevention - coach and provide oversight on the shop floor to identify potential issues before they arise
- Document deviation events
- Complete batch record review (post-production)
- Organize and complete housekeeping audits with Operations Manager including internal walkthroughs
- Initiate work notifications
Education Minimum Requirement
- Bachelor degree or higher; ideally in a related Science, Engineering, or other Technical discipline and a minimum of two (2) years' experience in Manufacturing, Maintenance, or Military environments
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of four (4) years' experience in Manufacturing, Maintenance, or Military environments
Required Experience and Skills
- Record of safely participating in or effectively leading teams in the manufacture of high-quality product; ideally with experience in troubleshooting/resolving equipment failures and the compliant application/delegation of lockout tagout
- Demonstrated record of successfully working in team environments and influencing people
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Sterile manufacturing equipment and sterile/aseptic techniques
- Various types of rotating equipment
- Utility equipment; including chillers, heat exchangers, AHU, WFI generation, clean steam generation and cold storage
- SAP Plant Maintenance management system
- Regulated industry; such as pharmaceuticals, food, and or nuclear
- cGMP environment
- Demonstrated record of learning new skills, taking on new responsibilities, and continuously improving leadership skills
- Desire to advance into manufacturing management roles
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that's devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day, 3rd - Night
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top