Manager - Hospital and Specialty Analytics
- Spring House, PA
The Manager - Hospital/Specialty Analytics manager will be part of the Marketing Analytics and Investment Optimization (MAIO) group, providing the US Human Health (USHH) Marketing & Sales decision-makers with analytically and data motivated recommendations for exceptional decision making regarding the allocation of promotional resources across channels, brands and customer segments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Hospital and specialty Business Unit, working with Management of Sales, Marketing & Commercial Operations.
- Provide guidance and help define strategies to implement data-focused sales force plans.
- Perform segmentation and targeting analysis for both personal and digital promotion using machine learning and predictive models.
- Be a dynamic member of DETs (Digital Engagement Teams) for various brands in the portfolio.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the MAIO to continue to enhance current and future methodology that will benefit the full portfolio across all Business Units, developing predictive analytics at the customer level.
- Strong and demonstrated communication and influencing skills are critical in order to develop, propose and convey technical concepts to business customers and expected as an active team member of DETs.
- Ability to develop concise and result driven presentations that will inform decisions made by Senior Leaders.
- Demonstrate strong client and project management experience, having to manage multiple projects simultaneously and foster collaboration with colleagues.
- As a fair portion of the role will also require the development of hands on analytics and predictive solutions, working knowledge of SAS, Excel and other related tools are required.
- 4 years of experience in developing and applying predictive analytics solutions to solve similar business trials in the Health Care, Pharmaceutical, CPG or Banking industry.
- Experience with R, Python a plus.
- Understanding of the Health Care or Pharmaceutical industry and experience in using various 3rd party data sources, such as IMS Exponent, DDD, HCOS would be ideal but not required.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operation Research, Data Science, Engineering or any Quantitative Decision field.
- Preferred: Master's Degree
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are ...
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top