Executive Director, Network Services
- Branchburg, NJ
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Technology Infrastructure, Operations, & Experience , the candidate is responsible for directing all aspects of global networks services across our Company. This will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Direct the planning, engineering, and operations of our Company's global network infrastructure required to enable company-wide business operations. This includes voice, video, data, and internet services, with responsibility to ensure secure, reliable, and high-performance services that enable an outstanding user experience for our stakeholders.
- Provide leadership , strategy, and support to the teams responsible
for managing IT infrastructure and operations, with a specialization anchored in network services and capabilities.
- Act as a trusted advisor by building outstanding working relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding
of business needs. Develop and maintain credibility with all stakeholders by cultivating a reputation for being dependable and creating value.
- Develop and manage relationships with partners and other 3rd parties needed to provision and manage network capabilities. guide related activities focused on sourcing strategy, technology decision making, negotiation, and vendor management practices.
- Influence, manage, and effectively execute a project portfolio that includes technology upgrades, capacity expansion, new capabilities, and stakeholder- driven demand.
- Actively work to identify and leverage best practices and trends to enhance the services and capabilities enabled by the Network Services organization. Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities related to user experience and team performance.
- Help lead the development of our organization by introducing and advancing changes to our operating model that emphasize a shift to a product team model and increased service orientation.
- Directly lead and manage a staff of more than 100 employees that works in support of this same mission. Set goals and objectives for staff members and administer the overall performance management process. Develop and coach employees aligned with the employee development process. Continuously assess talent and ensure alignment with organization goals.
- Effectively manage an annual operating budget that exceeds $100MM.
The position may be located in Branchburg, NJ or West Point, PA. In either case, the candidate will need to spend considerable time in NJ-based locations.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.A./B.S. required; B.S. Degree in Computer Information Sciences, Business Management, or related field;
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- 15+ years relevant experience in IT leadership position, preferably with previous experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior experience leading a network services organization or function with a significant global footprint.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a variety of audiences and stakeholders including, but not limited to executive management, business leaders, IT peers, and colleagues worldwide.
- Active listening with the demonstrated ability to proactively and confidently engage with key stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business' evolving IT needs, develop and recommend innovative and cost-effective solutions, and explain technology-related issues to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience developing, leading and supporting an IT vision and direction including experience developing strategic IT plans, developing the associated financial analyses and translating budgeted plans into tactical, actionable operational initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives in a matrix organization, managing cross-divisional initiatives, and cross-functional teams in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Results-orientation with the proven ability and reputation for developing plans and implementing them successfully.
- Ability to facilitate the development of strategic leadership and management capabilities within his/her team to develop, coach, and manage the performance of a team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategic relationship with 3rd party providers on a global basis.
- Prior experience and expertise working with cloud environments and providers.
- Prior experience working in an infrastructure organization that operated in a product team model with emphasis on user experience, agility, and automation.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world..
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top