Director, International Tax
- Kenilworth, NJ
Our Finance team brings together our financial perspectives into our overall strategic and tactical decision making. We use state-of-the-art techniques for financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting and performance evaluation. This allows the organization to continue advancing medical innovation and improve lives.
- Manage and guide the international tax function of the Company
- Direct preparation and review of US international tax compliance forms and disclosures for completeness and accuracy (Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, 8990, 8991, 8992, 8993)
- Manage US GAAP reporting under ASC740 on a quarterly basis for international tax items such Sub F income, GILTI, BEAT, FDII, FTC.
- Forecasting of international tax items impacting the quarterly effective tax rate
- Partner with Treasury for cash movement via repatriation or lending.
- Manage country by country reporting, FBAR and FATCA filing
- Provide analysis and support for transactions impacting US international tax area
- Ensure proper documentation and controls are effectively maintained and in accordance tax policies and procedures and in accordance with SOX 404
- Determining effective tax rate impact from tax planning initiatives
- Monitoring legislative changes and its impact to the Company on the effective tax rate and reporting
- Preparing and reviewing responses to the IRS on audits
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of non-US income tax returns by external service providers
- Review quarterly tax provisions for non-US entities
- Provide coaching, development and leadership to direct reports
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor degree
- Masters in tax or Law degree strongly desired
Required Experience and Skills:
- 10 plus year experience in international tax compliance and planning
- Experience in preparation and review of international compliance forms and related disclosures
- Experience in international tax planning
- Experience in ASC740 related to international tax matters and its impact to the effective tax rate
- Tax technical knowledge in the area of international tax, M & A.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Technology and tax compliance software experience (Corptax, OneSource, HFM, SAP, Alteryx)
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top