Biological Technician Level 1
- Spring House, PA
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing pharmaceutical manufacturer? If so, then this is the opportunity for you!
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a "Safety First, Quality Always" mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant linked to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
- Working in conjunction with all appropriate personnel, performs manual and automated operations, general maintenance and support functions necessary for the production of viral vaccines
- Maintains, orders, inventories, and transports all required equipment, materials, supplies and products. Ensures shipment criteria and timely availability and delivery
- Interfaces with the Delta V system and other automated systems (including, but not limited to, Laboratory Information Management System, IMPACT)
- Performs general maintenance and assists in troubleshooting of equipment. Initiates and documents corrective actions
- Assists in developing and maintaining, Standard Operating Procedures, logs, and other documentation
- Maintains good housekeeping in all work areas
- Participates in and assists with development and execution of personnel training as established by supervisor
- Participates in developmental work for new products/processes and performs sampling/in-process testing
- Assists in all follow up concerned with products lots achieving released status (e.g. investigations and other documentation)
- During start-up, processing and completion of the manufacturing process, provides all documentation necessary to allow proper accountability and traceability of product
- At the start and finish of each shift, reports and makes recommendations regarding equipment supplies, repairs, process concerns, safety concerns, and area improvements
- Maintains, cleans and prepares special equipment used in vaccine production
- Performs environmental monitoring (routine and per process) and records results in the computerized database system
- Promotes department ergonomics program and participates in stretching exercises
- Executes duties of lower labor grades
Education Minimum Requirement
- Bachelor's degree in a Science Related Field
Required Experience and Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Expected to lift and move various items, up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of metric system
- Neatness, accuracy, dexterity
- Individual must successfully demonstrate and maintain proficiency in aseptic techniques, and aseptic gowning by passing monitoring testing
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift, including weekends
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Laboratory or manufacturing operations experience requiring aseptic or sterile technique
- Working in a GMP facility
- Automated system or computer
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
2nd - Evening, 3rd - Night
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top