Associate Director, US Oncology Digital Engagement Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Spring House, PA
Our Marketing teams are passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers' needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
Associate Director, US Oncology Digital Engagement
This individual will lead the identification, design, execution, oversight, and optimization of the US Healthcare Professional (HCP) digital campaigns and programs that support the strategic imperatives for the Gastrointestinal Cancers indications for our Oncology products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading the development of digital promotion assets, such as emails, display units and banner ads, alerts, web content, video, media/paid search content optimization, iPad resources, social media, disease awareness assets, digital congress promotion assets, digital Payor resources
- Leading the development of digital medical education assets, such as off-the-shelf resources, drivers, emails, display units and banner ads, alerts, and video
- Leading the development of digital campaigns within the Customer Engagement Journeys
- Ensuring all digital tactics align to the customer experience plan and achieve desired customer experience
- Knowing the business: behavioral, and communications objectives and prioritizing the development of assets using digital knowledge, including customer experience best practices and targeting
- Knowing the customer: a deep understanding of customer segments, needs, channel preferences and profitability/life-time value
- Contributing to the development of the brand building tools (L3)
- Shaping the key strategic communication objective choices for assigned tumor(s)
- Working collaboratively with multiple internal teams including Marketing, Integrated Customer Engagement (ICE), Market Research, Analytics, and Operations
- Managing the day-to-day interactions with the agency partner(s) and other outsourced vendors; leading the creation and monitoring of agency digital scopes of work (SOW) and participating in the bi-annual agency evaluation process
- Managing applicable budgets
- Evaluating the revalidation of digital assets
- Implementing Safety Label Updates (SLUs) on promotional assets and ensuring compliance with Subpart E regulations, when applicable
- Partnering with the US marketing team in the annual Integrated Profit Plan (IPP) process
- Demonstrating company Ways of Working standards
- Conducting all activities in full compliance with our policies, values and standards
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's in Business Administration preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in marketing, marketing communications, or marketing support of pharmaceutical products
- Demonstrated ability to execute a brand or customer marketing strategy
- Experience and success in cross-functional leadership and teamwork
- Strong knowledge of marketing principles
- Constituency management across structured lines
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Agency management skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge/experience with the US oncology marketplace, specifically Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Product launch or launch planning experience
- Market research experience
- Knowledge of our commercial, regulatory, and legal compliance policies
- Experience in our company's end-to-end medical/legal (PRT) review and delivery process
- Veeva/PromoMats experience
- SAP experience
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are ...
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top