Associate Director, Supply Chain Management
- Williamsport, PA
Essential function(s) includes, but is not limited to:
Responsible for all aspects of procurement and manufacturing planning and scheduling, inventory management, and customer service. Manages all supply chain issues related to inbound raw materials and outbound product shipments. Oversees trade compliance, waste management, and materials management operations (warehouse/tank farm).
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes short-term and long-term production schedules for the IPT based upon input from Global Chemical Planning and internal customer demand. Includes incorporating planned shutdowns and campaign cleanout/turnaround activities into the schedules.
- Leads monthly Sales and Supply Review (SSR) Meetings to review/manage the site's production plans, inventory vs. demand projections, and IQV/MUP inventory. Coordinates site resources in review and agreement on these production plans via review of presentations, meeting handouts, SSR graphs, and follow-up on action items. Tracks performance against production schedules and reports via Tier meetings and site metrics.
- Forecasts and tracks spend and PPV related to raw material purchases.
- Manages inventories based upon risk, financial targets, and strategic inventory goals. Prepares long-term capacity assessments.
- Plans and procures direct raw materials needed to support site manufacturing.
- Manage inventory levels to balance risk and carrying costs.
- Identify and qualify sources of raw materials to support existing and new manufacturing operations. Identify alternate sources to reduce costs and increase assurance of supply.
- Coordinates multi-team efforts to achieve high internal/external customer service levels. Ensure alignment of efforts by communicating details of inbound/outbound material movements to affected areas.
- Support site performance metrics (Quality, Safety, Environmental, Financial, etc.).
- Manages controllable spending across Supply Chain Management functions. Support new business growth. Includes identifying sources of raw materials needed for new manufacturing operations and identifying options for waste stream management/disposal. Also includes hosting meetings/tours for internal and external groups.
- Act as SSO for the Materials Control chapter of the site Quality Systems.
- Manages and develops Supply Chain Management direct reports per the talent management process. Leverages/integrates technology and practices to create standardized work.
Requirements: Qualifications, Skills and Working Conditions
- A minimum of a BS in an Engineering, Supply Chain, or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of cGMP manufacturing experience.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of logistics.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task.
- Prior experience working in a unionized environment and a high degree of team skills is highly desirable.
- Prior experience leading and managing direct reports.
- Prior experience with SAP and Rapid Response preferred.
This position requires the following working conditions:
- As a Product Coordinator, you will be required to work with hazardous chemicals while wearing personal protective equipment.
- Our company's Cherokee plant is a manufacturer of beta lactam antibiotics and, as a result, candidates must be able to work in and around the manufacturing and laboratory areas associated with such chemicals.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top