Associate Director, Pilot Testing & Analytics
- Spring House, PA
The Associate Director will be part of the US Market Analytics & Investment Optimization (MAIO) Team. This group conducts analytics to provide US Human Health (USHH) leadership with data driven recommendations for superior decision making.
The Associate Director on the Testing & Analytics Team supports the planning, design, execution, and measurement of strategy evaluations. The result of this work is the quantification of business impacts and ROI associated with various forms of customer engagement innovations. Results inform investment decisions which can range in scope from continuous improvement scenarios to large scale national rollouts. The position supports evaluations across USHH Business Units including Field Sales, Marketing, Account Management, and Operations. The Associate Director is responsible for managing all analytic activities required for evaluations including planning, prioritization, timelines, coordination among stakeholders, execution, summarization and presentation of results, and formulating final recommendations. In addition, the Associate Director is accountable for ensuring that these tasks are completed using the best available data and methods in order to optimize the resulting business insights and recommendations.
Examples of evaluations include business impact analysis of: sales force pilots, promotional content (including personal and non-personal, digital and face-to-face), promotion delivery sequencing, marketing channels, omni channel touchpoint optimization, new selling techniques and technologies, and others.
Specific responsibilities of the Associate Director include (but are not limited to):
- Development of comprehensive measurement plans including selection of appropriate statistical methods and analytic design
- Collection, synthesis, and merging of various pharmaceutical and BI data sources
- Conducting power analyses to determine robust test sizes when applicable
- Selection of statistically matched test and control groups when matched cohorts are analyzed
- Conducting quantitative analytics using SAS, and/or R, or other appropriate tools
- Providing and analyzing periodic execution metrics as needed
- Providing measures of business impacts including impactable revenue and ROI
- Presenting analytic results to senior leadership and other relevant customer groups
- Making recommendations to leadership regarding customer engagement best practices
- Making final recommendations to leadership regarding go/no-go or scale-up/scale-down decisions
Education Minimum Requirements
- B.S. or higher in Statistics, Management Science, Quantitative Business Analytics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or other closely related discipline
Required Experience and Skills
- Understanding and background of the Health Care and Pharmaceutical industries
- Experience performing quantitative analytics and statistical analysis to solve business problems, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience using SAS and SQL for data management and analytics
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources including third party data such as IQVIA
- Demonstrated proficiency in the manipulation of large datasets
- Demonstrated project management experience including developing project plans, maintaining timelines, and managing multiple analytic projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated client management experience including ability to foster collaboration among multiple customer groups
- Ability to work as part of cross functional teams when necessary
- Strong communication skills, with emphasis on the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences and senior leadership
- Demonstrated skills developing concise data driven presentations to inform business decisions
- Strong leadership skills, business acumen, and strategic thinking
- Experience conducting business impact evaluations for customer engagement strategies is a plus
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are ...
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top