Associate Director, Clinical Scientist- Oncology (PA/NJ)
- Spring House, PA
Our Oncology team is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of forward-thinking individuals achieve this through an unwavering commitment to support accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic solutions, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. Our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
Clinical Sciences & Study Management ( CSSM ) is building the world's best Research and Development team for new oncology medicines-and you can help make us even better.
- Accountable for the clinical/scientific execution of clinical protocol(s)/program.
- Lead for all scientific aspects of the implementation and conduct of clinical studies (e.g, Scientific Advisory Committee [SAC], Data Monitoring Committee [DMC], Adjudication, medical monitoring).
- Serves as the CSSM scientific lead on the clinical trial team (CTT).
- Partners with the Medical Writer on clinical/scientific and regulatory documents and Study Manager on study deliverables.
- Builds talent and capabilities of junior team members through proactive coaching, mentoring and development opportunities. May include management of direct reports including assignment of resources, professional development and performance management.
- Degree in the Life Sciences or significant experience in clinical development (> 15 years).
- Bachelor's degree with 11+ years'; or MS with 8+ years' relevant career experience.
- Oncology experienced required.
- Pharmaceutical and/or clinical drug development experience.
- Excellent oral (including presentation) and written communication, and computer/database management skills.
*Roles located in Rahway, NJ or Upper Gwynedd sites.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we "follow the science" and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Flex Time, Telecommuting
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top