2021 Supply Chain Management Co-Op
- Spring House, PA
The Future Talent Program features co-operative assignments that last up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing & Supply Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The position is for a six-month Co-Op opportunity within the Supply Chain organization. Candidates will participate in process improvement projects, which will strengthen the candidates' skills in teamwork, collaboration, and leadership in the following areas:
- Demand planning and fulfillment
- Warehouse management
- Distribution and logistics
- Launch planning
- Data analytics
- Lean Six Sigma
- Global improvement initiatives
The successful candidate is:
- An individual motivated to cultivate their leadership skills along with their technical, business and commercial skills by applying their knowledge within manufacturing and supply chain areas of expertise
- Candidates should be committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to our company.
- The successful candidate should be comfortable with influencing others.
- The candidate will need to be able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations.
- The successful candidate is comfortable working independently, working in teams, and leading teams.
- Candidates should be interested in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the supply chain organizations
Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in one of the following:
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Bio Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Material Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ideal candidate will possess superior communication and interpersonal skills, a problem solver, and a team player with the ability to work independently
- Ideal candidate should have leadership experience in field of study, extracurricular activity, previous internship or undergraduate research, military or prior work experience
- GPA 3.0 or higher
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top