2021 Supplier Development & Performance Management Intern
- Spring House, PA
Our Sourcing team partner with the business to ensure efficient acquisition of goods and services that enables the commercialization of our medicines, vaccines and Animal Health products. We collaborate internationally and are grouped into center-led categories and regional operating teams.
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Supplier Development and Performance Management function at our Company is responsible for managing the performance of hundreds of component and material suppliers. These suppliers are key to our Company's ability to manufacture critical medicines used by millions of patients around the world.
An internship in Supplier Development & Performance Management will allow you to:
- Work hands-on improving supplier manufacturing processes.
- Gain exposure to continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean) such as Statistical Process Control, Visual Management, Capability Assessments, 5-Whys, Fishbone Diagrams, Corrective Action / Preventative Action (CAPA).
- Perform risk assessments and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Advance an understanding of group dynamics within working communities.
- Foster collaboration and innovation.
- Strengthen communication and interpersonal skills.
Specific duties may include:
Supplier Performance Management Activities:
- Assists the Supplier Development & Performance Management ( SD&PM) Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE), using problem-solving skills, to conduct root cause investigations and implement CAPAs for supplier issues.
- Travels to supplier sites and Company sites within the region to resolve and prevent manufacturing, quality, technical and supply issues.
- Participates in weekly Tier meetings to inform leadership of escalated supplier issues.
- Assist in the execution of Technical Capability Assessments (TCA) for new and existing Suppliers. Assess supplier across multiple categories such as Statistical Process Control, Visual Management, Asset Management, Change Control, etc. Provide supplier up-skilling as required.
- Perform HyperCare Activities (e.g. walk the lines at the Supplier Manufacturing Site and confirm in-process controls are in place, ensure that current Company specifications / drawings are being used at Supplier, analyze Supplier release test results for Normality, X-Bar Chart, Histogram, Control Limits, etc.) prior to and/or during Supplier launch for CompanySupply.
- Partner with Global Procurement to identify "high-risk" Items / Suppliers and then mitigating that risk (e.g. HyperCare, TCA) for Company sites.
- Perform a Gap Analysis between specifications, methods, and equipment at Suppliers vs. Company sites and mitigate gaps (e.g. Gage R&R) to pro-actively reduce future deviations, and supply issues.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelors degree in (Engineering, Science, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical, Biochemistry)
- Candidates must have ability to work in NJ/PA area.
- Candidates must have interpersonal and communications skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have strong data collection, analysis and reporting, Project Management.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth .
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top