2021 MBA - Oncology Marketing Organization Intern
- Spring House, PA
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Oncology is growing rapidly and a key growth driver for the company, investing in breakthrough biomedical innovations to help extend and improve the lives of people with cancer worldwide. Our industry-leading resources and culture of curiosity allow ideas and inventions to flourish.
Begin your career journey at our Company, and together we'll work toward Inventing for Life. Join a program that provides exemplary MBA students with the opportunity to work on meaningful assignments and gain real world industry experiences. As an MBA Intern at our Company, you will also be a part of our Future Talent Program, which will provide for opportunities to meet as a broader set of undergraduate and graduate interns across multiple divisions in our Company (Research Labs, Global Human Health, Manufacturing Division).
The US Oncology Marketing Organization Intern role will be assigned to the US Oncology Business Unit within the Human Health organization. This role will support one or more tumor areas or indications within the assigned business unit and will work across the US Oncology organization. In addition to gaining broad commercial support experience, you will have the opportunity to collaborate and interact with other areas such as Marketing, Field Sales, Digital/Consumer Marketing, and Access and Reimbursement.
Project Assignments could include:
- Strategic, planning, and creative contributions to an assigned area such as Digital Engagement, Market Research or Digital Strategy
- Solving complex business challenges to improve product marketing offerings
- Business analytics to identify insights, assesses opportunities, and drive solutions.
- BA or BS Degree Required.
- Current enrollment in an MBA program.
- Candidate must have completed one year of MBA coursework by Summer 2021 and be registered for the Fall 2021 Semester
Required Skills and/or Experience:
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strategic/critical thinking
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and negotiation/influence skills
- Strong collaboration, project management and organizational skills; ability to act with minimal supervision, prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Must be able to begin intern assignment June 2021 and commit for 9-12 weeks
Preferred Skills and/or Experience:
- Business /Data analytics/Digital Marketing experience
- Experience with various Business Intelligence (BI) platforms
- Experience working within Agile teams
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or other related regulated industries
Our Company's Upper Gwynedd campus is located in Upper Gwynedd Township, approximately 28 miles northwest of the City of Philadelphia. Easy access from Philadelphia by way of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Schuykill Expressway, Interstate 476, Routes 202 and 309.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority (SEPTA) North Wales train station is located a half mile from campus. Our Company provides daily shuttle service to and from the North Wales train station.
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top