2021 MBA - Global Marketing Intern - Neuroscience
- Kenilworth, NJ
The Future Talent Program features assignments/internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our Marketing teams are passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers' needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
The successful candidates will be expected to bring a fresh perspective to the opportunity. It is expected that you will assess the relevant health eco-system holistically, by working in cross-functional teams alongside centers of excellence to ultimately deliver a compelling and best-in-industry customer experience. You will be able to uncover, synthesize and leverage nuanced insights from the marketplace. Collaborating seamlessly with internal and external partners, your mission will be to develop unique insights through data, and leverage technology and other solutions to solve customer and patient problems in order to ensure that our innovations from the laboratories reach the patients that need them most.
The intern will work closely with the global marketing team for neurology to develop her/his strategic marketing skills while shaping the development strategy and drive towards improved care for patients with debilitating neuropsychiatric illness and their families . It is an exciting time to join the team as we leverage significantly greater amounts of data and digital capabilities, seeking innovative win-win models for patients, healthcare systems, and for the company, and exploring new ways of working.
- Leverage new and emerging data and research sciences to uncover novel insights, while challenging and assessing current views and beliefs.
- Consistently leverage digital and advanced analytics to drive the development of global brand strategies that meet the needs of our key global markets.
- Embed test and learn approaches into strategy development.
- Support projects that are aligned to realizing strategic opportunities that create value for patients, customers and the local subsidiaries.
Education Minimum Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree
- Current enrollment in an MBA Program
- Candidate must have completed one year of MBA course work by Summer 2021
Required Experiences and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to use data analytics to develop a theory, test a strategy and iteratively learn from the experience.
- Experience working with various digital platforms to gain powerful insights into traditional and non-traditional customers.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong communications skills, with demonstrated ability to communication a plan or strategy effectively
- Self-motivated; hands-on approach to work
- Bias towards speed and agility
- A natural curiosity to find innovative solutions to problems
Primary work location: Kenilworth, NJ
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top