2021 MBA - Global Market Access Intern - Pipeline and Launches
- Kenilworth, NJ
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Global Market Access Intern will support work-streams associated with the development of global market access strategies for CV and Metabolic pipeline assets and market access implementation plans for the current portfolio. The intern will entail work closely with the CV/Metabolic marketing team, Outcomes Research (CORE), Global Pricing, Global Affordability, Policy, Medical and Communications. This position will also be a great opportunity to interact with Regional Market Access Leaders and Cross Functional Teams in key markets around the globe.
Types of Work may include
- Make strategic and operational contributions
- Financial analyses to assess implications of global market access scenario planning
- Apply knowledge gained of internal/external challenges to improve product market access offerings
- Solve complex problems
- Interpret customer needs, assesses requirements, and identifies solutions
- BA/BS Degree
- Current enrollment in an MBA Program
- Candidate must have completed one year of MBA course work by Summer 2021
- Ability and desire to understand scientific information related to disease and treatments
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance, seeks input from across the Company organizations
- Promotes teamwork and open discussion of issues
- Strong strategic, analytical, and critical thinking
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and negotiation/influence skills
- Must be able to begin intern assignment May 2021 and commit for 10-12 weeks
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or other related regulated industries
- Experience working within Agile teams
- Business Analytics
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong Communication Skills
- Interest in Healthcare
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top