2021 MBA Digital Customer Engagement Capabilities Intern
- Spring House, PA
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Are you looking to apply your creativity and talent to start building a career that helps improve lives? Our Company's industry-leading resources and culture of curiosity allow ideas and inventions to flourish. Begin your career journey at our Company, and together we'll work toward Inventing for Life. As an Masters in Business Administrator (MBA) Intern at our Company, you will be a part of our corporate wide internship program which will provide for opportunities to meet as a broader set of undergraduate and graduate interns across multiple divisions in our Company (Research & Development, Human Health, Manufacturing).
The internship program provides exemplary MBA students with the opportunity to work on meaningful assignments and gain real world industry experiences.
The Digital Customer Engagement Capabilities (DCEC) Team is a function within the organization that is fully dedicated to enabling an integrated seamless customer engagement across all channels to improve the customer experience and achieve business results. This Intern role within DCEC will support the current US Market's business needs while gaining experience and understanding in digital customer engagement and analytical capabilities with a focus on marketing, technology, process, data and analytics to successfully align to our vision.
In this role, you will work with various cross-functional teams to include Digital & Marketing Operations, Marketing, Digital Engagement Teams. Marketing Analytics and Investment Opportunities, Sales, IT, Compliance and Legal, supporting the build, launch and continued operations of Next Best Engagement (NBE), a machine learning capability that optimizes omni-channel Health Care Professional engagement. Work will also include consumer media and website analytics capability projects, with the focus on building tools that optimize performance via analytics.
Types of work may include:
- Identify and assess opportunities and solutions to advance Next Best Engagement (NBE) to increase customer value and business results in alignment with evolving digital strategies transformational goals
- Collaborate with agile teams for NBE and digital engagement to provide operational support for a variety of brands including Oncology, Vaccines, Hospital/Specialty and Chronic Care.
- Investigate various business challenges with the expansion of optimized omni-channel promotion across the organization and develop solutions to improve the end-to-end NBE operational processes.
- Utilize consumer data management platforms and capabilities to interpret customer needs based on insights. Assess business requirements and identify potential solutions to support customer engagement.
- Support operational needs of consumer analytics and capabilities to gain an understanding of tagging, reporting, data processing and stitching in Big Query, and Salesforce Data Management Platform.
Primary Work Location: Upper Gwynedd, PA
Our Company's Upper Gwynedd campus is located in Upper Gwynedd Township, approximately 28 miles northwest of the City of Philadelphia. Easy access from Philadelphia by way of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Schuykill Expressway, Interstate 476, Routes 202 and 309.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority (SEPTA) North Wales train station is located a half mile from campus. The Company provides daily shuttle service to and from the North Wales train station.
This is a full- time internship position. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BA or BS Degree Required
- Current enrollment in an MBA program
- Candidate must have completed one year of MBA coursework by Summer 2021 and be registered for the Fall 2021 Semester
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and critical thinking
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess, recommend and take action.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and negotiation / influence skills
- Strong collaboration, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision, prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Must be able to begin intern assignment June 2021 and commit for 9-12 weeks
- Business / Data Analytics / Digital Marketing experience
- Experience with various Business Intelligence (BI), Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning and/or Marketing Automation platforms
- Experience working within Agile teams
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or other related regulated industries
- Big Query/ SQL experience
- Google Analytics/ Tag Manager/ Google Ads experience
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top