2021 Finance Associate Specialist - MBA Intern
- Kenilworth, NJ
LINKED TO R51596
The Future Talent Program features co-operative assignments/internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
FINANCE MBA INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Our Company's Finance group is committed to developing future Finance leaders through its Finance MBA internship experience. A 10-week program that provides Finance experience through project assignments, exposure to senior leaders, and networking opportunities.
Program Overview & Responsibilities
By joining the our Company's MBA internship program, individuals will gain an understanding how our company is fulfilling its purpose of inventing medicines to improve people's lives. Finance MBA Interns will participate in a 10-week program focused on practical, hands on experience in a Finance role which may include analyzing; forecasting, reporting, and analyzing operating results; operational risk management and process improvement consulting; managing currency and other financial risks; or other roles in key Finance business processes.
In addition to practical experience, the intern program includes developmental opportunities and exposure to Senior Finance leadership. At the end of the internship, interns given the opportunity to present their summer experience to a panel of Finance professionals including but not limited to our Finance Senior Leaders.
Internships are primarily located in our NJ and PA office locations.
As part of the MBA Rotational Program, you will gain the opportunity to innovate in a changing world through:
- EXPERIMENTING - We challenge the way we work every day as our Senior Leaders are committed to continually evaluating new ways of working through ideation and experimentation. Individuals will be part of a culture where every experiment is taken as a lesson learned which is part of the innovative process.
- EMPOWERING - You will learn how to evaluate business operations and processes to effectively complete day to day responsibilities and challenge the current ways of working. Individuals are empowered to develop their skill-set through a breadth of experience across corporate and client facing roles.
- NETWORKING - We will empower you to lead by giving you a plethora of networking opportunities. Individuals will have opportunities to attend lunch and learn presentations with senior leaders, participate in formal training, mentor programs and various activities with other colleagues across the organization.
- SHARING - We work to break down silos and share our knowledge to better connect people and data. Individuals will be challenged to critically problem solve, act as trusted advisors, and utilize data & analytic applications to provide business insights.
- LEARNING - Our Rotational program takes pride in the formal training, on the job learning, formal performance evaluations through real time feedback and independent learning to create a learning culture that is a continuous journey, not a destination
This is an internship experience starting in June 2021.
- Must have be a first year MBA student with a concentration in Finance and at least 2 years of professional work experience.
- Demonstration of integrity within a professional work environment
- Passion for our Company's mission of saving and improve lives
- Dedication to teamwork
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Passion and commitment to learning
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with client and business process owners
- Ability to have a global mindset and work across boundaries
Eligibility to work in the US on a permanent basis. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth .
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top